ISPConfig ClamAV 0.93 Update

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Several vulnerabilities had been discovered in ClamAV 0.92.1. Please update ClamAV 0.92.1 (which comes with ISPConfig 2.2.22) to ClamAV 0.93 with the following patch.

Installation instructions
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Login to your server as root user on the shell. Then execure the following commands:

Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ispconfig_clamav-0.93.tar.gz
    tar xvfz ispconfig_clamav-0.93.tar.gz
    cd compile_clamav
    ./compile

ISPConfig 2.2.23 will be released soon which conatins the new ClamAV version too. If you installed this patch, it is not nescessary to update to ISPConfig 2.2.23.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  2. daveb

daveb Member

Hey Till I installed this last night given the instructions falko posted some time ago.
    Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav --sysconfdir=/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/etc --with-user=admispconfig --with-group=admispconfig --disable-clamav --disable-bzip2 --disable-zlib-vcheck
    It worked but after configure I got this warning
    Code:
    configure: WARNING:
    ****** WARNING:
    ****** You are either cross compiling to a different host or
    ****** you have manually disabled important configure checks.
    ****** Please be aware that this build may be badly broken.
    ****** DO NOT REPORT BUGS BASED ON THIS BUILD !!!
    is this anything to worrie about?

3. till

Thats nothing to worry about. But you should use the update I posted above and update your sytsem again as my update contains some changed config files too.

4. Snowman

Snowman Member

Hi, i recommend to delete after compiling(not necessary but everybody want to have clean system)
    host:/tmp# cd ..
    host:/tmp# rm -r compile_clamav/
    host:/tmp# rm -r ispconfig_clamav-0.93.tar.gz

:)

5. djtremors

djtremors New Member

6. till

If your updater has not modified the syntax of the clamav.conf file and freshclam.conf file, you should update these config files with the versions that I included in the tar.gz package above. Several configuration directives are not supported anymore and clamav will throw errors when you run it with the old config files.

7. daff

daff New Member

Hello,

some time ago I followed that tutorial because I had a problem with quota:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16204
    should I update to ClamAV 0.93 ? I ask that question because I use now clamd. Is the bug with the quota (big/much files in /tmp) fixed in 0.93 ? If I should return to the "normal" clamav how should i act?

8. till

Install the patch that I posted above and the run:

/etc/init.d/clamav-daemon restart

The issues with the temp files had not been fixed yet as far as I know.

9. madmucho

madmucho Member

Mandriva 2007.1 patch work ok.
    clamassassin 1.2.4 with clamscan / ClamAV 0.93/6850/

10. andron26

andron26 Member

problem with update

Hi,

OpenSuSe 10.2.
    When I want to update clamav I have such error:

/tmp/compile_clamav/clamav-0.93/freshclam/../shared/cdiff.c:984: undefined reference to `gzdopen'
    /tmp/compile_clamav/clamav-0.93/freshclam/../shared/cdiff.c:994: undefined reference to `gzgets'
    /tmp/compile_clamav/clamav-0.93/freshclam/../shared/cdiff.c:1016: undefined reference to `gzclose'
    /tmp/compile_clamav/clamav-0.93/freshclam/../shared/cdiff.c:1010: undefined reference to `gzclose'
    tar.o: In function `tar_addfile':
    /tmp/compile_clamav/clamav-0.93/freshclam/../shared/tar.c:82: undefined reference to `gzwrite'
    /tmp/compile_clamav/clamav-0.93/freshclam/../shared/tar.c:95: undefined reference to `gzwrite'
    /tmp/compile_clamav/clamav-0.93/freshclam/../shared/tar.c:111: undefined reference to `gzwrite'
    manager.o: In function `buildcld':
    /tmp/compile_clamav/clamav-0.93/freshclam/manager.c:932: undefined reference to `gzclose'
    /tmp/compile_clamav/clamav-0.93/freshclam/manager.c:944: undefined reference to `gzclose'
    /tmp/compile_clamav/clamav-0.93/freshclam/manager.c:884: undefined reference to `gzopen'
    /tmp/compile_clamav/clamav-0.93/freshclam/manager.c:913: undefined reference to `gzclose'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [freshclam] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/compile_clamav/clamav-0.93/freshclam'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/compile_clamav/clamav-0.93'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    ERROR: Could not make ClamAV

11. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Is AppArmor disabled on your system?

12. rbartz

rbartz Member HowtoForge Supporter

I am getting same error on Fedora Core 3

Same problem with the patch...

I tried the patch because both 2.2.22 and 2.2.23 both failed to install due to errors. I remade /root/ispconfig directory and reverted back to 2.2.21 and it re-installed perfectly, so things are fine but for the older version of ClamAV.

Since the makes failed, I assume I do not need to "undo" the patch, right?

Thanks for all your hard work.

Richard

13. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes, that's right.

14. t-mug

t-mug New Member

Clamav 93.1

Do you think, the compile scripts included in the package of the start post work as well with a replaced clamav 93.1 package?

15. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

16. t-mug

t-mug New Member

Thx

I had not seen that post yet, thanks.

17. Ben

No problem. Just updated and it works fine. Just replaced the new clamav archive with the old and changed the version in the "compile" script.

18. mtnsnyder

mtnsnyder New Member

I'd like to update my clamav from 0.93 to 0.94.2 (current). All help I have found regarding how to do this references an ispconfig specific version of the clamav package:

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ispconfig_clamav-0.93.tar.gz

I went looking for http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ispconfig_clamav-0.94.2.tar.gz

but this does not appear to exist. Getting the "standard" version from clamav's site here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=86638 is of no help because it fails on the .configure script since no clamav user or group exists.

Would someone please instuct me on how to upgrade this, or point me to some instructions on how to do so. I don't want to end up creating more work for myself as a result of a screwup on my behalf while trying to perform (what should be) a simple upgade...

Any assistance will be appreciated.

19. Ben

I put a update package to 0.94.1 here, when this release came up.
    Just download this, extract, remove the clamav 0.94.1 package within, replace with the one you can download from the clamav wegpage, change the version numer in the compile file to 0.94.2 and run compile. Worked well for me ;)

That's the thread where the link for the 0.94.1 is placed: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28595&highlight=0.94.1

20. mtnsnyder

mtnsnyder New Member

Fantastic! I did just that and it worked perfectly :) Thanks very much for the advice. Now running 0.94.2, thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.