ISPConfig configuration questions.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by EvilThug, Mar 4, 2008.

1. EvilThug

EvilThug New Member

Hi everyone on the boards, really help you could help me figuring out how to work with ISPConfig.

Well i managed to install ISP on my fedora 8 server and admin panel works fine. Situation is i want a single web-site, without using DNS servers etc.

The server is based in a small network under one router with DHCP for internet. I configured virtual web servers in the router for ports 80 and 81.

So, the configured IP for the server differs(it's taken from the router) from the real outgoing IP.

Now i can't configure to create a site in the ISP control panel. I've created a web site. Configured everything and when i try to connect to http://my.server.ip i get a Bad Request error. Although connecting https://my.server.ip:81 gives the control panel. What should i configure? I'm sorry for the dumb questions, i understand i'm a newbie in this kind of stuff. Hope you understand and manage to help me =)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) add a new client.
    2) add a new website were you select the internal IP address of the server as IP and not the external IP.

Then make sure that the domain name that you used for the site points with a DNS A-Record to the external IP address of the router.

3. EvilThug

EvilThug New Member

Oh, i think i got it. I need to make a new redirect on the router to go like my.external.ip >>> isp.domain.name ?
    and are there any limitations to what i write in the domain name in isp config?
    And one more, i saw that it is possible to tipe in domain in the server config and the site config, they must be identical for my cause, right?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes, that's right.

No.

No, they don't have to be identical.

5. EvilThug

EvilThug New Member

Thank you very much for your answers, everything works now ;)