ISPconfig - database postfix

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by brand1on, Nov 30, 2015.

1. brand1on

brand1on New Member

How can I do to connect the database postfix to the database ISPConfig?
    What files postfix can be changed?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Postfix uses the ispconfig database, it does not use a separate database. This is setup automatically when you install ispconfig, if you deleted some config files, then run the ispconfig updater and choose to reconfigure services during update.

3. brand1on

brand1on New Member

When I configure ISPConfig created his new database, for example dbispconfig, and postfix previously created itself its database: servermail
    So now with which database uses an ISP? servermail or dbispconfig? Do I need to create a new database application ISPconfig/

4. till

On a ispconfig server, postfix uses the database dB ispconfig, a database named server mail should not exist at all.

Seems as if you started with a unclean Base setup as postfix never creates a database server mail during installation, so you probably had another control panel installed before and the server was not formatted to get a clean system before you installed ispconfig. You can try to fix this but it is most likely faster to format the server and install it from scratch by following the steps from the perfect server guide.

5. brand1on

brand1on New Member

OK thank you for the information
    One more question - how do I disable the imap listener in dovecot? I only want to enable the imaps listener

Without ISPConfig, I changed the configuration only dovecot_master and dovecot ssl:
    and
    Now change this configuration does not work, all the time listening on port 143 (imap2)

6. till

The easiest way is to close the IMAP port in the firewall and leave just imaps open.