ISPConfig doctype (form) handling

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by till, Feb 22, 2007.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hi,

today I changed the way the form definitions (doctypes) where stored in ISPConfig.

Until now, the doctypes where stored in the database. This caused often problems when something was changed in the form editor and the SQL dump had to be updated manually.

Now, the doctypes where stored in a directory as files, so the full version control capabilities of SVN can be used to handle chnages and conflicts.

If you add new fields though, you will still have to add the field to the table definition in the SQL-dump but you dont have to deal with the content of the doctype table any more.

If you encounter any problems with this, please let me know so I can fix it.

2. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

This is really nice. Is the form editor already supporting the new way that doctypes are stored? If yes, I will test it this afternoon.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, the form editor supports this too. The form files are stored in the folder /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/doctypes/

4. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

Great news, thank's for your work.

5. danf.1979

danf.1979 Member

Hi, great news!
    I was going today to give it a try, but svn download is awfully slow (just bytes per second). Something wrong with svn server?

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

The SVN server is ok and working normal. Maybe you must try again.

7. danuel

danuel New Member

doctype table characterset

ISPConfig-2.2.32

Please change database character set (at min doctype table) from latin to utf8. Otherwise Management->servers>'monitoring' looks some ?Ugiberish word.

To correct this, I renamed doctype to 'doctypex', copied the doctype talbe creation and values from sql code from db_isconfig.sql (inside tar zip) and recreated the doctype table with utf8_unicode characterset.