ISPConfig - External Interface for multiple users on multiple servers

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by ZeroEnna, Dec 24, 2014.

1. ZeroEnna

ZeroEnna Member

Hello everyone,

I would like to script a new interface for ISPConfig.

The background:

I am currently running a server with ISPConfig for my customer sites. However, it is possible that in the future, I will need to setup a second server.

Because of negative experiences with the multiserver setup, I now need a "common" way to administer the websites and mail accounts.

My Plan:

I registered a domain, call it "example-acp.com"
    My plan is to program an interface using the ISPConfig 3 API. In the database, I make a note on which server the customer has domains and what his client ID is on the server.
    The user logs in with a username and a password and gets presented his sites. Now he can do all the editing that he can do in ISPConfig.

Questions:

Has anyone ever done anything like that? Is there any solution already programmed?
    Please give me your estimate if this is a good way to do it :)

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind Regards

ZeroEnna

2. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I would use a multi-server-setup. If you need more than one server with the inferface, use the cluster-setup (just replicate the database and copy the config).

3. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

The further you stray from the recommended way in the How-to's, the more frustrating it will be to get support. What kind of negative experience did you have with multi-server? Just curious since it works well for me.