Ispconfig FTP-Account problem

Discussion in 'General' started by Botanist, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Botanist

Botanist New Member

Hello.
    I'm struggling with connecting to just created ftp-account. I've created several accounts and none of them work, it keeps saying authentification failed in FileZilla. I can connect only from root.
    I'm using Debian 7 and I have no idea what's wrong. Do you guys know a way how to solve this mystery?
    Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can never connect with root by FTP, so my guess is that you accidently use SFTP (which is SSH and not FTP and allows root connections) instead of FTP. Ensure that you use FTP or FTPS but not SFTP in FileZilla.

3. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

If you are using a OpenVZ container then you will have problems with FTP setup (since it was invented before Adam.) You could try adding more permissions to your container but that requires access to the host server.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

OpenVZ is not a problem anymore as Debian changed the compile options that caused the error some time ago (I guess 2-3 years?). So pure-ftpd works fine now on Debian 7 and 8 inside OpenVZ.

5. BharatG

BharatG New Member

Sorry to wake up such an old thread, but I too face this issue and is not resolved by doing whatsoever
    Any guidance in this regard would be appreciated

6. BharatG

BharatG New Member

Hi,
    Problem solved,
    I believe the problem was missing pure-ftpd-mysql package