ISPConfig is loosing sometimes vhost config parts

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by exynenem, Nov 24, 2014.

1. exynenem

exynenem Member

Hello Board,

I dunno if this is a configuration problem, or if it is a bug in ispconfig.

However, it happened multiple times that the PHP Version of a Vhost jumped back to the default version, without actually touching the vhost in ispconfig, even not entering the configuration to view the settings.

The additional PHP versions are actually working fine, but as I mentioned above the version resets to default.

My only problem is that it's almost impossible to reproduce it.

Any ideas how I could track this issue down?

Specs:
    Centos 6.6 with latest PHP 5.4 (default) from Remi and PHP 5.3 self-compiled (http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-us...p-fpm-and-fastcgi-with-ispconfig-3-centos-6.3)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Never seen that on any server yet.

3. exynenem

exynenem Member

The reason that you have never seen this, doesn't automatically mean that this behaviour isnt possible.

As I mentioned in my first post: Is it possible to track such things down, maybe with a log file/or debug mode of ISPConfig?

4. till

Off course. But If you maintain a few thousand servers every year for clients all around the world and have read all posts in this forum since the beginning then its quite likely that you have seen a issue already if it happens more often then on just one system. So if I havent seen an issue yet, then it must be either very rare or related to a specific non common server configuration.

All record changes get logged in the sys_datalog table incl. timestamps when they accourred.

5. exynenem

exynenem Member

I suspect very rare....
    I've enabled the debug log in ISPConfig so that I can track through timestamps possible changes to the Vhost Configurations. I also revision the PHP-FPM pool directory now (of the non-default PHP version) every 5 minutes to track possible changes that are possibly not caught and written by the debug mode. Lastly, I also don't wanna deny that some of my co-admins may change unwittingly something, although I see the chance for something like that very low, however the chance for that still exists...

If the latter should be the case, is it possible to add a feature where unsaved changes are highlighted to the ISPConfig user? In this case it would alert the user that unwittingly or wittingly something in the configuration has changed.

6. till

See options under System > Interface config.

7. exynenem

exynenem Member

Geez'... didn't know that this feature is already implemented.
    Thank you for the hint ;)