ISPConfig isn't redirecting.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by demortes, Mar 27, 2007.

1. romz169

romz169 New Member

Could you elaborate on the fix, i have read the other forum and it is stating to use the internal ip correct? If so I am already doing that. Here is the example of my vhosts file:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check your apache2.conf file if the Vhost_ispconfig.conf file is included at the end. Also make sure that you access the vhost by its domain and not IP address.

3. romz169

romz169 New Member

The apache2.conf file does have a line at the end that says "Include /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf"... I am trying to get to the site from the domain name... even if i was trying to get there from the ip shouldnt it drop me into /var/www/sharedip and no /var/www?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What's in your Vhosts_ispconfig.conf file, and what's the output of
    Code:
    ifconfig
    ?

5. demortes

demortes Member

I doubt your internal IP is 192.168.1.1 That's usually reserved for the router. You need to refer to the IP of your computer, such as 192.168.1.111, copy the 192.168.1.x number from IFCONFIG and use it instead....

6. romz169

romz169 New Member

i knew it was going to be something small i overlooked.... i feel newbish..... thanks for the help all... is good now

7. demortes

demortes Member

OK, I figured this might become a problem.

Noone outside of my LAN can access the site, which is why I referenced to my external IP in the first place... it seems all nslookups pull up 192.168.1.111

How to fix this?

8. demortes

demortes Member

Fixed it myself... Apache has to have the 192 addy, but manually editing the IP's for the WAN ip fixes it.