ISPConfig menus not loading properly.

Discussion in 'General' started by FeraTechInc, Apr 5, 2007.

1. FeraTechInc

FeraTechInc Member HowtoForge Supporter

I'm having problems with the ISPConfig menus. It's a very strange thing. I can't seem to have the menus load up properly.

What happens is when I log in everything looks fine. However when I try to go to the Management tab the entire left column never loads. The browser just keeps loading it. The only way to get it to load is to hit the STOP on the browser and the menu shows up.

I set up ISPConfig using the Perfect Ubuntu Edgy guide.

2. Leszek

Leszek Member

To make things a little more clear ... did You try different browsers ?

3. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

4. FeraTechInc

It does the same with all the domains, in http and https...

ok wierd... it only happens with Firefox, I just tried it with IE and it worked fine.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Maybe you have a Add-on installed in firefox, which causes this? I dont have any problems with firefox and the tree menu.

6. FeraTechInc

No, I completely reinstalled Firefox from scratch eliminated all my settings and preferences and it still does the same.

7. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

I also have this issue with Firefox. On the left, it'll just keep load until I hit Esc and then the frame finally loads, but the icons by the text usually don't load. Switching to Konqueror fixes the issue so it has to do with Firefox. I'm running FC5.

8. FeraTechInc

Hmm... glad it isn't just me.

I have been using ISPConfig for about a year now and Firefox for about 2years. Yet this is the first time this has happened.

Just out of curiosity when trying to access your ISPConfig menu do you do it from the within your network or through the internet?

9. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

Network. I don't allow incoming access to port 81. I'm sure there is something that can be changed in about:config to fix that issue.

10. FeraTechInc

Yea, I'll check the mozilla forums to see if there is anything on the topic. Please let me know if you find a way to resolve the issue and I will do the same if I get to it first :p

11. Norman

Norman Member HowtoForge Supporter

Same problem here.
    Well, at times anyway...
    Sometimes it works perfectly fine. At other times the menues keep loading and loading until I hit refresh a couple of times.
    Also using firefox.

Give us persistant menues :)

12. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

I love to say this :)

USE IE (as in Internet Explorer)

13. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

Ehh, I don't have IE and I'm proud of it. :)

14. FeraTechInc

Well considering I use Ubuntu, IE is not an option, nor would I use it if I could. Since simply pressing ESC solves the isssue it is not enough for me to find other options.

I would eventually like to resolve the issue.

15. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I'm using Firefox and never had any problems (not on XP nor Ubuntu)... :confused:
    Are you sure you have all Firefox extensions disabled?

16. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

I have ClickWeather, AddBlock Plus, HTML Validator and DOM Inspector. I'm not sure why it only affects ISPConfig though and not other sites.

17. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Maybe because ISPConfig is the only site with such a tree menu. ;)