ISPconfig migration tool?

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by jboud, Jan 17, 2017.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, the target system must use a different master. I'm currently working on a tool which works on a different migration approach that allows moving servers within a multi server setup.

ahrasis likes this.
  2. ispcomm

ispcomm Member

Yes, I've been waiting for this but I'm with "my back on the wall". Still running some wheezy containers that cannot be upgraded and I must plan for some server dismissal this summer. I could use your tool, really, but I'm on tight schedule and might have to just write my own. That would be more expensive and time consuming, so I'd rather buy it as an addon from you :)

I'm sure others are on their toes for this tool.

Do you mind telling how far is the migration tool from completion ?

3. till

I'll expect to have the first beta ready in about 2 weeks.

esezako, ahrasis and webguyz like this.
  4. ispcomm

ispcomm Member

This is awesome. Please let me know when you need real life testing.

5. ron_aa

ron_aa New Member

Just wondering what the status on this tool is, I checked the list of ISPConfig addons, but don't see it listed there as of yet?

It's exactly what I seem to need to move some users (mail/site etc) from one private server (slave, running both web and mailserver) to a shared webserver (master) and a dedicated mailserver (slave) within a multi-server setup :)

6. till

The tool is ready, we finished it a few days ago, but decided to not release it over Xmas. The release is planned for the first week of January. Users that buy a migration tool license until then don't have to worry that they buy an 'old' version, they will get a free upgrade to the 2.0 edition in January.

The new 'ISPCopy' tool moves a slave as it is, it can be used to move single servers or slaves of a multiserver but you can not split the system when you move it with that tool as it does not modify any data within ISPConfig. The classic migration tool which is part of the migration toolkit as well is able to split servers as it uses a data import approach trough the ISPConfig remote api, but you can't use it to move slaves within the same master as a multiserver system is basically just one server and importing data from a slave of the same master is not possible (that's as if you copy a file onto itself as all the data exist already in the master under the same ID). What you can do is that you split a server when moving it to another multiserver system.

7. till

Jesse Norell likes this.
  8. durangod

durangod New Member

Hi, do you have plans to add cPanel support to the migration tool? If so do you have a time frame yet as to when that might happen?

9. till

Generally, we plan to add support for more panels and Cpanel as a widely used panel is on top of that list. But I can't say when we will be able to support it.

10. aja

aja New Member

@till I am also very much looking for the script to move websites and mail accounts from one ispconfic setup to ispconfic server. Ready to pay as much as 100EUR. Please can you give an update wrt its development.

11. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Good question Till. Is this tool on the horizon?

12. till

It's on top of my todo list as I have to move quite a few sites on my multiserver setup as well. But before I can continue to work on that, the support and tests for Ubuntu 20.04 and CentOS 8 need to be finished so that ISPConfig 3.1.16 can be released.

ahrasis and Th0m like this.