ISPConfig Monitor App for Android

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Casbot, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Casbot

Casbot Member

Im seeing in one of the Priority Support threads that the app has been discontinued.
    However, I still have it and was using it on my old server. Now that Ive rebuilt the server, I cant find for the life of me where I configured the user or password for the polling. I cant find my old documentation for it either.
    So can someone tell me where I configure the "Poll ISPConfig" so I can get my server and cell phone talking to each other again??

Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

System > Interface Config > Misc, the field is named monitor keyword.

3. Casbot

Casbot Member

Great, thanks Till. Got it running again. Its definitely a great app to keep tabs on the server/s !!

4. Eugen Don

Eugen Don New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Was this function also discontinued? Since i cant find the field Monitor keyword under System > Interface Config > Misc... Is there any way to reenable the missing field?
    I have ISPConfig 3.2.11
    Best regards

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The Monitor app has not been available anymore for several years; it has been removed from the Play Store and is not compatible with any recent Android version. The monitor app was developed at a time when ISPConfig before version 3.1 had no mobile theme, and therefore, the monitoring could not be accessed in a useful way from a mobile phone. But since ISPConfig GUI has used Bootstrap for years now, which can be used on mobile phones, the app has been discontinued. The API endpoint in ISPConfig code has also been removed a few years ago.