ISPConfig Monitoring with Check_MK

Discussion in 'General' started by Raghul, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Raghul

Raghul New Member

Hi Team,
    Server Details:
    Ubuntu Server, ISPConfig 3.1, Check_mk 1.28 agent
    We are planned to monitor ISPConfig server with Check_MK agent, when i install the agent it is showing some dependencies error,
    The error i got:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    linux-image-extra-4.4.0-124-generic : Depends: linux-image-4.4.0-124-generic but it is not going to be installed
    linux-image-generic : Depends: linux-image-4.4.0-124-generic but it is not going to be installed
    Recommends: thermald but it is not going to be installed
    xinetd : Conflicts: inet-superserver
    Conflicts: inet-superserver:i386
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Is there any way to install check_mk Agent in ISPConfig

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Exactly what command gives those errors? And please use CODE tags when pasting commands and log lines.
    Where does check_mk Agent come from?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is not ISPConfig related. Your question should be: How to install check_mk Agent on (whatever Linux Distribution and version you use on that server).

4. Raghul

Raghul New Member

When i install Check_MK agent in ISPConfig it showing this error. it is .deb file so i used dpgk -i name

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You are not installing Check_MK agent in ISPConfig, ISPConfig is NOT an operating system and that's why your problem is not related to the use of ISPConfig on your server. So you install Check_MK agent on an operating system which uses packages in .deb format, .deb format is used by Debian and Ubuntu, to name the most frequently used Distributions that use this format. So you are either installing Check_MK agent on Debian or Ubuntu and to fix your problem, find out how to install that software on the Linux Distribution and version (most likely Ubuntu 18.04 or Debian 9) that you use on your server. Instructions on how to install check_mk on Debian or Ubuntu are probably found on the website of the check_mk software and they probably offer also support or a kind of community support that can help you to install their software on Debian or Ubuntu. If you have ISPConfig installed or not, does not matter and is not related to your problem as ISPConfig is not even a Debian package, so it can not conflict with that software.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  6. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If your operating system is Ubuntu, check-mk-agent is available for all Ubuntu releases since Trusty. So why are you installing it with dpkg -i instead of
    Code:
    apt-get install check-mk-agent
    I would purge remove the alien package you installed
    Code:
    dpkg --purge packagename.deb
    and then use the apt-get install to get the Ubuntu package which knows how to install correct versions of those packages that dpkg -i missed during install.