ISPConfig needs DOM-XML php-extension/module for RoundCube

Discussion in 'General' started by Hans, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

RounCube-0.2 alpha has been released.

From RoundCube 0.2 and up, the php modules/extensions PCRE, Session and DOM XML are required.
    The last one (DOM-XML) does not come with ISPConfig on the moment.

To continue the maintenance of the RoundCube package for ISPConfig, i ask you to give support for DOM-XML with the next version of ISPConfig.

I will provide the new RoundCube package for ISPConfig on the moment that ISPConfig will suport DOM-XML.

Thanks in advance!

2. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

RoundCube 0.2a package available for ISPConfig2

Although, the rc installer shows that the php-extension XML-DOM is required, i decided to provide the new package for ISPConfig today.

The reason for my decision is that it is working and it looks more stable then the previous version. This version contains more then 100 bugfixes!

Nevertheless, i do hope that the next ISPConfig release supports XML-DOM for maximum compatibility.

If there are problems, please report them here. I try to help of course.
    The RC-0.2 package can be downloaded here.

The previous version will be still available.

Update instrucions:

Remove the previous package:
    rm /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail.tar
    rm -r /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail
    rm -r /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/tools/tools/roundcubemail

After that the new RC-0.2a package can be installed with the ISPConfig update manager.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  3. jfruano

jfruano New Member

Thank you for your great contribution.

But when I have activated HTML code, the messages in the INBOX folder not show.

Some suggestion?

Thank you.

4. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

I am sure that this version is not free of bugs because it is the 0.2-Alpha version.
    But i've a better experience with this version then the current stable version 0.1.1-stable.
    Especially, creating messages within html is much better then within 0.2-Alpha.

When i switch to html, I can see the inbox and all the boxes in it. No problems here.
    Maybe you must send a first e-mail to the user. to see the folders...
    You can also have a look in the RoundCube logs directory.

As you can see here the 0.2-Beta version is not far away!

5. yatot

yatot New Member

after i've installed the package of roundcubemail in ISPConfig, the installation went ok. but when i try to login using my usernames it sez. login failed. which username i will use first to login to roundcubemail?

please help. thanks.

6. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

You can login with a username/password or e-mailaddress/password as defined within ISPConfig.

7. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Since ISPConfig 2.2.24 there is support for DOM-XML! Thanks to the ISPConfig team! :)

8. yatot

yatot New Member

thank you hans.

9. Wh1sper

Wh1sper New Member

I did the update, too.
    Now mails from gmail.com aren't displayed anymore.
    the mails are looking like a 0 byte message even if they 7K big.
    If I press reply, the mail is quoted and readable. The mail seems to look fine, no html or whatever.
    How to debug this? (There is no error in error-console of firefox 3
    When I open the mail in thunderbird it is readable.
    This an roundcube issue, I think. Hans, are You involved in the Roundcube dev team?

10. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

No i am not! I just create the packages for ISPConfig as my contribution.
    Because version 0.2 is still in Alpha state, i provide the previous versions as well. You can download it here.

11. JeGr

JeGr Member

I just updated from 0.1.1 with your package. Nice work btw. :)

Did someone encouter the same problem than me, that after updating all user-specific settings are gone? No adressbook, no signatures/identities are left. All blank. Anyone else?

Edit: Nevermind I found the problem. If you go with the docs and delete the old roundcube module, you will also loose the sqlite DB included in that folder. To save settings like identities etc. copy sqlite.db to a safe location and insert it back after installing the new module. Same goes to all modification of skin or alike.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  12. fr3akdk

fr3akdk New Member

Error

Hi there.

I have a problem with the 0.2 Alpha installation. I think it's related to the dom xml. When i have an email in my inbox, I can't open it - it just displays a blank page. If I open it in IE I can see that I get a HTTP500 error. I have searched google with no result.

Heres the log:
    PHP:
    [21-Aug-2008 09:30:40PHP Warning:  include_once(DOMDocument.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open streamNo such file or directory in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail/program/include/iniset.php on line 76
    [21-Aug-2008 09:30:40PHP Warning:  include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'DOMDocument.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail/:/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail/program:/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail/program/lib:/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail/program/include:.:'in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail/program/include/iniset.php on line 76
    [21-Aug-2008 09:30:40PHP Fatal error:  Class 'DOMDocument' not found in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail/program/lib/washtml.php on line 188
    I'm running ISPConfig 2.2.24 on an Debian Etch sytem and it is installed after the how to, on this site. Furthermore i have searched for det dom-xml package in the rep. but can't find any packages for php5.

Any help here?.

13. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Does the file DOMDocument.php exist?
    What's the output of
    Code:
    updatedb
    locate DOMDocument.php
    ?

14. fr3akdk

fr3akdk New Member

I have issiued the 2 commands as root in the terminal and it comes up with nothing.

15. falko

This means the file doesn't exist...

16. fr3akdk

fr3akdk New Member

Okay - how do I fix it then?. Where can i get the file?.

17. falko

Did you follow the installation instructions to the letter?

18. fr3akdk

fr3akdk New Member

Yes I did and I tried it two times, but I end up with the same result every times.

19. falko

I've never tried RoundCube, so I'm afraid I can't help. :(

20. fr3akdk

fr3akdk New Member

Okay, thanks for your help anyways :)

- Any others that's getting this error?.