ISPConfig new install problems

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by _ronald_, Sep 26, 2019.

1. _ronald_

_ronald_ New Member

Tried installing ISPConfig using this article The Perfect Server (CentOS 7...), the VPS is running CentOS 7.7. When the installation is complete, I access the GUI using the admin account (which is the only available account being a fresh install). I want to use the ISPConfig Migration Toolkit to migrate everything from an older server. When I go to System > Remote Users, I get the following error:

Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER, SYSTEM_VARIABLES_ADMIN or SESSION_VARIABLES_ADMIN privilege(s) for this operation

But that is not the only place I get that error, even when going to Monitoring > Show System-Log, Show Jobqueue, Show Data Log History; DNS > Zones, Secondary DNS-Zones; Support > Send Message, etc.

What is happening in there? any idea how do I fix it? Or is it better to start from scratch (reinstall OS, etc).

Thanks,
    Ronald

Attached Files:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please try a forced ISPConfig update by using these
    Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.1.15.tar.gz
    tar xvfz ISPConfig-3.1.15.tar.gz
    cd ispconfig3_install/install
    php -q update.php
    commands, choose 'yes' when the updater asks to reconfigure services, to see if the updater is able to fix the issue.

3. _ronald_

_ronald_ New Member

that is the same version I installed, can it work with the same version?

4. till

Yes. That's the reason I proposed a manual update as the normal update script would just say that your server is up to date.

5. _ronald_

_ronald_ New Member

ok, will try later today and post the results. hopefully it'll work :)

6. _ronald_

_ronald_ New Member

nope, same thing. were do I look for any related errors? is it even worth it to try troubleshooting?

7. till

I just googled the error message, I thought it was the ispconfig super admin error but in fact, it is an error from mysql. Might be related to something that's new in CentOS 7.7 as the guide is for centOS 7.6. Try to run this sql command as mysql root user in mysql.

Login to mysql on the shell with:

mysql -u root -p

and then run these sql queries:

GRANT SUPER ON *.* TO ispconfig@localhost;
    GRANT SUPER ON *.* TO [email protected];

8. till

And one more question, did you install
    mariadb-server as described in the tutorial, or did you install mysql instead or did you add a different source to get a newer mysql or mariadb version?

9. _ronald_

_ronald_ New Member

I used mysql-server 8 from the MySQL repos

10. till

Ok, then you know the fault now. Please follow installation instructions and install the software described there to get a fully working system, your decision to use an unsupported MySQL version caused this and you will get probably other failures as well in future, MySQL 8 is not completely downwards compatible to older MySQL releases, so software that is written to support older MySQL versions will not fully work on your server, only software developed specifically for MySQL 8 will work flawlessly.

11. _ronald_

_ronald_ New Member

Till, thanks for the feedback. will try it as soon as possible. Btw, is there a road-map when will MySQL 8 be supported?

12. till

ISPConfig supports the software versions that ship with the supported Linux distributions. When MySQL is shipped as default version with a supported Linux Distribution, then we will add support for it in ISPConfig.

_ronald_ likes this.
  13. _ronald_

_ronald_ New Member

makes perfect sense, thanks for the feedback and support!

Regards,
    Ronald

14. _ronald_

_ronald_ New Member

One last question, hopefully. What is the recommended path when migrating from an old ISPConfig server running MySQL 5.5 using the migration toolkit?

15. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

The path is one hop. You have old system, run migrator there and it migrates to the new system.
    The version of MySQL on the old host does not matter. You just need to have an ISPConfig setup that works so you can run the migrator there.

16. _ronald_

_ronald_ New Member

Wow that's terrific! Thought maybe I had to upgrade MySQL data manually before running the migration tool.

Giving it a try right now.

Thanks for the feedback!