ISPConfig not listed by Server in System State

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by NeonTigerUK, Mar 13, 2018.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

When a slave is not able to connect to mysql on the master with the ispcsrv* user and password from it's config.inc.php file, then the lave can not fetch changes and therefore the changes must stay on master until you fixed that. So the steps to solve your problem are to find out why the slave is unable to connect to master. The most common reason are inconsistencies in the /etc/hosts file between master and slave, followed by closed mysql ports in a firewall and that mysql is not listening on the external network interface. But if you have other slaves that work, then mysql must listen on the external interface.

To test the connection, login to the slave and try to connect with the mysql command from slave to master by using the login details (hostname, username and password) listed under dbmaster from the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php on the slave).

2. till

3. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Hi Till,

Using the following command

Code:
    mysql -u ispcsrv17 -h {hostname} -p

After entering the password exactly I get Access denied for user ‘ispcsrv17’@‘{ipaddress of slave} (using password: YES)

4. till

Ok, so you know now why the tasks stay in the queue. Next step is to login to mysql on the master, preferably with phpmyadmin and to use the user manager in phpmyadmin to check the ispcsrv17 users to ensure that the right hostname and IP is set for the two users.

5. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Already checked that, and they do match expected cant decode password, but thats expected

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  6. till

Check the hosts files and check that you did not disable name resolving in mysql. It's just a mysql auth issue and there must be something wrong in the mysql user settings or the hosts files or you disabled name resolving so mysql can't resolve the hostnames.

7. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Host file on both master and new server look perfectly fine to me

How would i have disabled name resolution in MySQL? How can i check?

8. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Update : I can now get logged into the master from the new Debian 9 server, I was using the wrong password - i was using the master root password, rather than the root user from the Debian 9 server password.

Still can’t log into Debian 9 from master, and tasks are still hanging around

9. till

The master does not login to the slave, the slave logs into the master and the root user is not used for this connection. The connection is using the ispcsrv17 user. As I suggested above, if you can't get it to work, then you might want to ask Florian if he can help you.

10. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Hi @till

The ispcsrv17 username also logs in to the master without any issues after root had

The tasks still remain though

11. till

1) Turn on debug log level for this node in ispconfig on the master.
    2) run:

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh

as root user on the slave server and post the result.

12. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Hi @till
    As Requested
    Code:
    15.03.2018-21:20 - WARNING - There is already a lockfile set, but no process running with this pid (20793). Continuing.                                                                                              Datenbank nicht gefunden / Database not foundPHP Warning:  mysqli_ping() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 198                       
    PHP Warning:  mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1044): Access denied for user 'ispcsrv17'@'deb.9.server.ip' to database 'dbispconfig' in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 200                  
    PHP Warning:  mysqli_ping() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 198                                                                    
    PHP Warning:  mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1044): Access denied for user 'ispcsrv17'@'deb.9.server.ip' to database 'dbispconfig' in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 200                  
    PHP Warning:  mysqli_ping() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 198                                                                    
    DB::query -> reconnectUnable to load the server configuration from database.Datenbank nicht gefunden / Database not found0;
    root@gvw1: ~root@gvw1 ~ #                                                                                                        

13. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Turning on debug for the node, just sits in the queue

14. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Try removing the lock file and run the command again.
    But the access denied still happens. Make doubly sure the /etc/hosts file is correct on both master and slave. You wrote in #30 that "ispcsrv17 username also logs in to the master without any issues", but looks like this is not the case now. Check with PHPMyadmin or other sql tools the accounts in MySQL for ispsrv17 is OK, i.e. the hostname and IP-address is what it should be.

15. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Manually it still does log in @Taleman

Which lock file, on master or Deb9?

16. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Lock file on the host where you ran the command that produced that output. On my debugging yesterday the log showed as last line the name of the lock file.

17. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

No lock file referenced, i’ll Clear all the lock files on the deb9 server in the morning

18. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

What’s the path for the lock files? I can’t locate it?

I’ve just checked again and confirm that the ispcsrv17 account can log in via command line

19. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

hmm, ive worked out what the problem is, but I have no idea where to start with fixing it.

I logged into the deb9 server, and connected with ispcsrv17 username

Code:
     mysql -u ispcsrv17 -h {hostname} -p 
    which worked
    so I ran a
    Code:
     show databases;
    which brought up
    Code:
    +--------------------+
    | Database           |
    +--------------------+
    | information_schema |
    +--------------------+

Thinking that wasn't right I logged on to one of my other servers and checked out the ispcsrv* account password, then tried to log into the master server

Code:
     mysql -u ispcsrv6 -h {hostname} -p 
    which worked
    so I ran a
    Code:
     show databases;
    which brought up
    Code:
    +--------------------+
    | Database           |
    +--------------------+
    | dbispconfig        |
    | information_schema |
    +--------------------+

So I now know that the ispcsrv17 account, can't see the dbispconfig table, so that is where the problem is ... I think.
    I've checked the priveliges to the table, and none of the ispcsrv* accounts have any, so it must be somewhere else that the priv I need to set is

the root user, logging in to the master can see all the tables expected

going to keep looking into it

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  20. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

ok so I now know what is wrong for certain ... some of the GRANTS are missing on dbispconfig, for the ispcsrv17 user ...

@till can you please advise the correct mysql command set to make the grants that are necessary I can do a find and replace to replace a string with the correct IP address