ISPconfig on Vserver

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by MeneM, May 22, 2006.

1. MeneM

MeneM New Member

Hello All,

I'd like to take this post and record my findings on how I'm doing with getting ISPconfig to work on a vserver running in Debian.

Almost no issues so far except for the fact that services like courier, proftp and apache bind to all available ips. Including localhost.

Under Vserver this is not good, So i've set them to bind to the local ip address (In my setup 10.0.0.2). This broke the service checking in "ISP Server Status --> Services"

Aparantly it will show services as "Offline" when I bind them to a specific IP address. Ofcourse, these services are not offline. We could let it be, but I get these email warnings every half hour or so.

What can I do about this?

Thanks,
    Mark

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Run:

crontab -e

as root user, and comment out this line:

0,30 * * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/check_services.php &> /dev/null

3. MeneM

MeneM New Member

Thanks,

Instead I've been trying to alter the code of ISPconfig to see if can't make the references to "localhost" be more adaptive to reality.

If it can ping it's own hostname, it should be able to figure out what the ip address is, and insert that in the check_services.php script.

After that I'll try and see if I can't get Quota's to work in a vserver without real quota support on the filesystem. (Notorious bad support for quota's in a vserver.)

4. MeneM

MeneM New Member

Bind9 does not automaticly work in a vserver, make sure you add
    Code:
    CAP_SYS_RESOURCE
    To the bcapabilities file in /etc/vservers/[name of vservers]

This was learned from this site: http://linux-vserver.org/ProblematicPrograms Search on th page for "bind9"

5. MeneM

MeneM New Member

Because Vserver needs to have every daemon bind to the systems ip address instead of localhost, a few things brake in ISP config.

For instance both webmail services. They try to connect to localhost, but since you want imap and pop3 on the ip address and not on localhost you will get error messages.

I'm trying to fix it, I'll let you know.

Last edited: May 23, 2006