ispconfig pages return error 500. webs are working fine.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ustoopia, Jun 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ustoopia

ustoopia Member

I'm having some problems wrapping my head around the following issue. I recently installed a multiserver setup and when I was done everything seemed to be working fine. Next day however I was unable to open the ispconfig on port 8080 bevause it returned a error 500. I've been googling a bit and with my poor level of knowlegde on the operating system I think it has something to do with a line that I found in the suexec.log. Namely this:
    target uid/gid (5003/5004) mismatch with directory (5003/5004) or program (0/0)
    User 5003 is ispconfig and 5004 is the ispconfig group. I tried an ispconfig update and have it re-configure the services but the issue remains.
    some additional info that might be of importance; I setup multiserver exactly as described in the pdf file. Except for database replication. I don't use master:master setup but a Galera cluster setup. But , again with my poor knowledge, I dont expect that to be in issue in all honesty. But I might be wrong ofc..

My question here is am I on the correct path of trying to solve this issue? If so, what would be the next step?
    And if not, where should I look next in trying to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  2. ustoopia

ustoopia Member

Ok please forget this thread ever happened. I already found out what the problem was. Files in /var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/ispconfig/ had root as user/group. Changed it and everything works fine agian.