IspConfig panel and UX enhancement ?

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by kameleon1er, Jan 18, 2024.

1. kameleon1er

kameleon1er Member

Hi to the ispConfig team
    I'm in the process of changing my VPS and therefore need to reinstall and configure a new ispConfig before starting my transfers. And it's no piece of cake :)

As a result, there are a few things in the interface that have been bothering me for a long time, and which could perhaps be improved in the future. I'll take the liberty of listing them here:

- URLs that don't change in the browser (breadcrumb?): I've got quite a few domains or e-mail accounts to reconfigure on the new VPS, which sometimes makes for long lists. So I open 2 browser pages (old isp and new) to copy/paste certain information such as the name of a domain or alias or mailbox.
    -- It would be nice to be able to open a new tab with a right-click rather than always having to go back to the base domain or email domain etc...

- I'm in email accounts right now, and I only have one list of all the accounts linked to all the domains in bulk. With no way of sorting, for example, all the mailboxes attached to a domain.
    -- Maybe a tab system in the first column with the list of domains and when you click on a domain, on the right the list of attached mailboxes?

In any case, this function of not being able to open tabs for an operation to be carried out in the interface is really lacking, in my opinion.

And a hierarchy of items in list form for the user would be sufficient. Right now, it's a lot of back and forth between different sections of the panel without even being able to navigate with the browser arrows.

There you have it, just a few ideas, which I'm sure others have already had, and I can imagine that it's a lot of work to do too.

Thank you all, I'll get back to my transfers ;-)

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Why don't you use the migration toolkit to automatically transfer over all records, website data, databases, emails, etc?