ISPConfig :: Postfix and Other "Monitor"

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kisong, Oct 19, 2005.

1. kisong

kisong New Member

Installation of ISPConfig and Postfix seems to be working fine. I'm able to send/receive messages without problems.

I just wanted to know is there was a utility to see what actual messages are coming in and going out.

Is there a log file somewhere? If so, is there a way I can look at that file in real time?

Finally, is there a log of FTP connections, HTTP connections, etc. and some way we can see that log using ISPConfig?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The logfiles are in the directory /var/log

To see a log in realtime you can use the command "tail -f " followed by the name of the logfile. To exit press ctrl + c

Have alook at the different files in /var/log and the subdirectories. There you will find logfiles for all the different services on your server

No.

3. kisong

kisong New Member

Is there a way to see this graphically? Maybe within ISPConfig?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

5. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

I am not sure what exactly you want to see, but you can also use webmin with the postfix plugin which has a submodule called "mail queue" - but this is just a graphical frontend for postqueue -p which shows you the messages in the queue. you can read them or flush them (means try and send them immediately) same as postqueue -f ;-))

###edit###
    I do not recommend you to start and configure postfix with this frontend, as I do not know how it will interact with your manual changes and ispcfg but as I do not have ssh acces to my server from work, I have to use this

6. nenad

nenad ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer