ISPConfig Stable + Development

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by till, Apr 12, 2006.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Since version 2.2.1, ISPConfig is branched in a stable and a development branch.

The branch is nescessary to speed up development, release new functions earlier and make it possible to add new features that may break existing installations without installing additional libraries before.

Example: New dependencys to external librarys like libxml2-devt to enable XML in the ISPConfig php binary.

The stable branch(es) will have always even version numbers like 2.2.x, 2.4.x, the new development branches have odd numbers like 2.3.x, 2.5.x. with the word "dev" appended.

In the stable branch we will fix only bugs and add updates to the included php, apache and clamav binarys.

New features are only for the dev branch, which is now the head revision in the SVN repository.

--

My ideas for new features in ISPConfig 2.3 dev.

- Support for ruby scripts
    - Support for .NET (mono)
    - In the mailsuser setup, make it selectable for which co-domains the email address is created.
    - Support for webdav

2. danf.1979

danf.1979 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hi Till,

I would say that "recursion no;" must be default in named.conf options, or at least with some checkbox option in ISPConfig. What script generates the named.conf?

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

It's /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/classes/ispconfig_bind.lib.php.

4. oliver.blaha

oliver.blaha ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I'd suggest to implement an option to choose between PHP4 and PHP5. Many users want to start using PHP5, but also a lot of software depends on PHP4, so the perfect solution would be to be able to change this on a per vhost base.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You can use whatever PHP version you like in your main Apache. Don't mix this up with the PHP version coming with ISPConfig. ISPConfig's PHP doesn't replace the regular PHP; it is used only for ISPConfig itself.

6. oliver.blaha

oliver.blaha ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I know that I can use every PHP version, but not both ;)
    And I'd like to have the option to user PHP4 for one customer and PHP5 for another.

7. danf.1979

danf.1979 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

suphp does not support php_flag, php_value, php_admin_value, and
    php_admin_flag directives. As as workaround, suPHP_ConfigPath can be used to load a specific php.ini file for a given vhost. Maybe it could be a good idea to implement a "php" directory in /var/web[ID]/ to store a local php.ini in case suphp will be supported by ispconfig.

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I think SuPHP support is a good idea.

I would recommend to put the php.ini files for SuPHP in a subdirectory of /etc/ispconfig like it is done with some of the cyrus configuration. If we store the php.ini file in /var/web[ID]/ it might be possible that the web admin can change.