ISPConfig updates monitor showing fake updates

Discussion in 'General' started by hubik.tomas, Aug 27, 2014.

1. hubik.tomas

hubik.tomas New Member

Hello everybody,

I am running ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p3 on Debian Wheezy. ISPConfig is showing the following output in the updates monitor section:

Code:
    Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
    libaudit0 libcryptsetup4 libpam-systemd libsystemd-daemon0
    libsystemd-id128-0 libsystemd-journal0 systemd
    0 upgraded, 7 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Inst libaudit0 (1:1.7.18-1.1 Debian:7.6/stable [amd64])
    Inst libcryptsetup4 (2:1.4.3-4 Debian:7.6/stable [amd64])
    Inst libsystemd-daemon0 (44-11+deb7u4 Debian-Security:7.0/stable, Debian:7.6/stable [amd64])
    Inst libsystemd-id128-0 (44-11+deb7u4 Debian-Security:7.0/stable, Debian:7.6/stable [amd64])
    Inst libsystemd-journal0 (44-11+deb7u4 Debian-Security:7.0/stable, Debian:7.6/stable [amd64])
    Inst systemd (44-11+deb7u4 Debian-Security:7.0/stable, Debian:7.6/stable [amd64])
    Inst libpam-systemd (44-11+deb7u4 Debian-Security:7.0/stable, Debian:7.6/stable [amd64])
    Conf libaudit0 (1:1.7.18-1.1 Debian:7.6/stable [amd64])
    Conf libcryptsetup4 (2:1.4.3-4 Debian:7.6/stable [amd64])
    Conf libsystemd-daemon0 (44-11+deb7u4 Debian-Security:7.0/stable, Debian:7.6/stable [amd64])
    Conf libsystemd-id128-0 (44-11+deb7u4 Debian-Security:7.0/stable, Debian:7.6/stable [amd64])
    Conf libsystemd-journal0 (44-11+deb7u4 Debian-Security:7.0/stable, Debian:7.6/stable [amd64])
    Conf systemd (44-11+deb7u4 Debian-Security:7.0/stable, Debian:7.6/stable [amd64])
    Conf libpam-systemd (44-11+deb7u4 Debian-Security:7.0/stable, Debian:7.6/stable [amd64])

But when I run aptitude upgrade, there are no updates.

Code:
    No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
    0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.

Does anybody has an idea how this discrepancy could be solved?

I tried clearing cache, rerunning update, upgrade, etc, without any change.

Thank you very much.

Tomas

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The monitor is not updated in realtime. It is updated twice a day.so if you installed updates, then it will take some time until the update list gets refreshed.

3. hubik.tomas

hubik.tomas New Member

Yes, I know that. But this state is already updated. It was showing some packages that will be upgraded and some new that will be installed. After running aptitude upgrade and some time, the upgraded ones correctly disappeared, but the new ones remained. The question was, why is the monitor showing packages that will be newly installed?

4. till

The monitor is showing the aoutput of the apt command. Maybe some updates are kept back and you did not install these updates.

5. hubik.tomas

hubik.tomas New Member

Well, thank you very much. Could you be more specific, which command is generating the output and how to install the updates? I am not aware of any intentional blocking of new version of any package. Btw. Are the packages in the output really updates? It is telling something about NEW packages, not just updates.

Sorry if my questions are a little bit silly, but I really do not understand this situation. :confused:

6. till

Most likely you had done a partial dist upgrade in the past and these packages are missing now. Check your sources list if it contains the reposirtory servers for the corret servers and then install the missing packages with:

apt-get dist-upgrade

to get your system into a clean update state again.

7. hubik.tomas

hubik.tomas New Member

Thank you very much. I tried aptitude upgrade, full-upgrade and dist-upgrade, but not apt-get. apt-get did the job. Problem solved. :)