ISPConfig User and Password

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by professordred, Sep 20, 2005.

1. professordred

professordred New Member

Hello! I am a complete newbie on linux, although I am an ok c++ programmer in windows ;) . So, I've just finished up installing suse 9.3 while following the very nice tutorial for the perfect setup. All is smooth, even installed ispconfig without a problem. I am able to access my login page but for the life of me, I cannot remember specifying a user and password for this thing. I've tried my all the combinations of names and passwords that I do remember setting up and even checked the config.inc.php file for any clues with no luck. Can someone please explain to me where this is setup to begin with and where I might find the necessary info to login?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

The username is admin, the default password is also admin.

3. professordred

professordred New Member

Holy Moly Kazaam!!! :) Thanks man, but nowhere in my readings, and I read a lot, did I see this information. I've googled the hell out of it too. Anyway, I have just successfully logged in thanks to you. Thank You.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

5. professordred

professordred New Member

Doh! Sorry, I did read this before but somehow I missed that line. :eek:

6. PC Networks

PC Networks New Member

Hello Falko
    I just completed an installation of ISPC3, I have attempted using usr: admin && pwd: admin to gain access but ISPC3 returns credential errors.

Thank you
    Best Regards

7. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

The previous answers are for ISPConfig 2. You wrote you installed ISPConfig 3.
    Nowadays the installer tells you what the password is. It is a random string. If you did not write it down, there may be ways to force change of password.

PC Networks likes this.
  8. PC Networks

PC Networks New Member

Thank you for the reply.
    I scrolled back up in the command line and did locate the password, when I attempt using it to log in however, I am still denied access.

9. PC Networks

PC Networks New Member

UPDATE

I went ahead and logged into mysql and re-established the admin pass as admin ... that did it

Thank you for your assistance Taleman