ispconfig with galera cluster

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by craigfanman, Jan 23, 2018.

1. craigfanman

craigfanman Member

Hi I'm planning on migration to a galera cluster and just wanted to ask a few questions. Currently I have 8 LAMP servers with apache/mysql and about 200 sites on each. I've now made a galera cluster with haproxy in front, tested all working fine.

Question I have is: how to integrate this into ispconfig? My best guess is I install the ispconfig DB node onto the haproxy server, this means its still independent of galera nodes being up/down? although the 1 haproxy server does become a single point of failure now.

also when you have a setup like this is it best to move ALL databases onto the cluster and completely shutoff mysql on the web server, or should I keep a small mysql installation on each web server just for the local ispconfig database and other local services? (pureftpd relies on it etc)

any tips appreciated thanks.

2. Tom Dings

Tom Dings New Member

I do have a similar setup with MariaDb Galera clusters but in my case HaProxy is not responsible for assigning cluster nodes which are processing the read / write commands.

Lately I read a lot about these kind of setups and - if I may give you an advice - use MaxScale or ProxySql with read/write splits to balance your database connects.

By using a 'real' sql proxy server the performance will be much better, and because it is not very difficult to install it is not going to take a lot of time.

In my case a few clusters are working like this : One automatically assigned cluster node is master, which performs the write instructions, and the read instructions are balanced over all available cluster nodes.

If you like to know more ... Please let me know. Really like to help you if you want. Enjoy your day!