ispconfig3 and server wide owncloud using php-fpm

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by noromamai, Jul 24, 2014.

1. noromamai

noromamai New Member

Hi,

I am trying to install Owncloud 6/7 (tried 6 with default ubuntu package, 7 from owncloud apt- repo) on a Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server (installed ISPConfig following the Perfect Server tutorial for 14.04). I want to install it once (in /var/www/owncloud) and make it so that all client domains can access it (so no seperate installation for each domain). running php-fpm on the client domains. owncloud is accessible (only by adding /var/lib/owncloud (this is where the data is) and /var/www/owncloud to the open_basedir option), now the login page loads, but instead of giving the login form, it will give an error:

Can't write into config directory!
    This can usually be fixed by giving the webserver write access to the config directory.

Even after making the config dir world writable i still get this error message.

if i switch from PHP-FPM to SuPHP or FAST-CGI then the error message disappears.

Has anyone tried this kind of setup before and managed to make it work?

any help would be appreciated.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This cant work as ispconfig runs each website (and the php in that website) under a different user for security reasons by default. You can e.g. use mod_php for this setup, but thats insecure as it will disable the isolation of the websites.

3. noromamai

noromamai New Member

ok. thanks for the heads up, at least i can stop trying now.... :)