ISPConfig3 Billing Module Early Payment Received

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by rickconn, Jul 2, 2015.

1. rickconn

rickconn New Member

Gday team,

I'm hoping you can help, I have set up recurring invoices for my customers, but many pay before an invoice is due.
    How do I apply a payment I have received' before the invoice has been created?
    Can I create all invoices without emailing them, them apply the payments received, and then have the 'unpaid invoices' automatically sent?

Also is there a date when the next version will be coming out?
    Thank you
    Rick

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can create the invoice without sending them. But there is no option to do a bulk sending of unpaid invoices, you could just sent them one by one at the moment.

But should you not send an invoice in any case? I guess a customer can expect to get a fiscal document for his payment.

The 1.4 version is ready. I just have to finalize the new manual for it.

3. rickconn

rickconn New Member

Gday Till,
    Thank you for getting back to me, and for all your efforts with ISPConfig.

It seems to me that if say I have 100 invoices that all renew on the first of the month, and 15 people pay 10 days before the end of the month then I am stuck with the choice of either:
    1) Send all 100 invoices automatically that require payment on the first of the month with the risk of offending 10 that had already paid that I will now have to communicate with as they may believe there payment was not received.
    OR
    2) Manually send 100 invoices, with multiple steps involved in sending each.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but it would be good if I could:
    1) create the invoices.
    2) apply the payments already recieved.
    3) send automatically all unpaid invoices.
    4) send automatically invoices that are 'just paid' or 'paid in the last x days' invoices marked as payment received.

If I create the invoices and mark the one that are paid, would there be an sql statement that I could run manually to the send them?

Thank you again for all your effort over many years...
    Danke Rick

4. till

What I dont understand is why you dont want to send the invoices. At least here in Germany, you have to provide your customers an invoice, it does not matter if they send you an payment upfront. So not sending an invoice for a payment you received early would be illegal.

You can send invoices by remote api as well, so it should be posible to write a script that selects all unpaid invoices and sends them.

5. rickconn

rickconn New Member

Maybe I can word the PDF's better to be clearer perhaps, but what's happens for us is that when my customers receive an invoice for an item that they have already paid, they feel the need to contact us to make sure we have received their payments.

Cheers
    Rick

6. till

Maybe a text might help there. I'll add a faeture request for a function to do batch sending of invoices based on various criteria like date and payment state.

DDArt likes this.
  7. rickconn

rickconn New Member

Thanks Till, very kind of you.
    One more quick question if I may, any news on when the hosting plugin/module may be ready?
    So looking forward to it.
    Cheers
    Rick