ispconfig3 + CDN

Discussion in 'General' started by Debin, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Debin

Debin New Member

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

A cdn does not interfere with the hosting control panel that you use on your server. It is more a question if the cms that you use supports the cdn that you want to use to speed it up.

3. Allferry

Allferry New Member

@till,
    I know that this is not directly related to ISPConfig, but if i was to use CDN for a WordPress hosted on my ISPConfig Server, and needed to change the NameServers to CDN provider for the domain of the Website in question, how would I set the DNS Records to use/for ISPConfig for other services that are not Website related for same domain? EG: Emails...etc?

Many thanks in advance
    Allferry

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  4. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

as far as i'm aware, you don't have to use a cdn's nameservers, although that will obviously depend on the cdn provider.
    if you are going ahead and using the cdn providers nameservers, you would use them for all the records, you wouldn't have any dns for that domain in ispconfig.
    you would just set the records in the cdn providers dns interface with the same information you would use in ispconfig.
    I don't know what cms you're using, but most of the wordpress cdn plugins I've seen don't require any dns changes to be made.

I don't know what cdncalc.com is, if that's your site/testing, or the cdn you're planning to use. if it's the latter, considering cloudflare is giving a error 522 connection timed out for it right now, with the host server being down, I would suggest you continue searching for a more reliable cdn…..