ISPConfig3 MyDNS-ng master axfr zone transfer to bind9 slave

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by lucani, Dec 2, 2009.

1. lucani

lucani Member HowtoForge Supporter

Time showed that adding smaller, non updated for long time project to bigger one is not good idea : / Has anybody any information about release ISPConfig 3.0.2 ? Is this matter of week, month, half year ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats easy to say now, but the development of ISPConfig 3 started in 2005 and the decision which software will be supported was made in 2005 / 2006. At that time, mydns was the most advanced and fast developing dns server with mysql bindings.

It will be released in Q1 2010.

3. manarak

manarak Member

That's good news.

I will wait then.

MyDNS seems to have fixed the bug in CVS (or was is SVN?), because the code looks totally different.

But their decision not to release a bugfix version is not very responsible, all the more so as their last build is from march 2009.
    Way too much time.

4. zenny

zenny Member

I have 3.0.2.1 installed, does it support now BIND and powerdns, just to confirm.

I needed that because somewhere in the forum I read that mydns has limitations about master and slave stuffs.

Thanks for the wonderful work!!! if yes, is there any specific info to migrate from mydns to BIND or powerdns, the latter in particular? :) z

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  5. baskin

baskin Member

I'm having problem to transfer zones to another dns (Microsoft) through axfr. I think i have a general problem with zone transfers.

Code:
    dig @10.215.0.125 my.domain axfr

; <<>> DiG 9.7.1 <<>> @10.215.0.125 my.domain axfr
    ; (1 server found)
    ;; global options: +cmd
    ; Transfer failed.
    I have checked everything and i think is mydns-ng problem. Is there any way to migrate to bind? I'm on Opensuse 11.1 with Ispconfig 3.0.2.2.

6. baskin

baskin Member

I'm testing trunk version of mydns-ng (1.2.8.30) and i still cannot transfer zones (or i'm missing something).

Code:
    aragorn:~ # rcmydns start
    Starting mydns mydns[21337]: mydns 1.2.8.30 started Mon Aug 16 22:52:42 2010 (listening on 5 addresses)
    Code:
    strzol@teras:~> dig @10.215.0.125 my.domain axfr

; <<>> DiG 9.7.1 <<>> @10.215.0.125 my.domain axfr
    ; (1 server found)
    ;; global options: +cmd
    ; Transfer failed.