ISPconfig3 + Sogo ?

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by i-chat, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Turbanator

Turbanator Member HowtoForge Supporter

I see sogo 2.0.5 is released.
    Since I'm running Lenny and it had to be compiled...what do you recommend for performing the "upgrade" from 2.0.4b?

btw, I still haven't touched the outlook/thunderbird stuff but will do so soon. I may need to upgrade to Squeeze though in order for it to work since I think samba 4 is required.

2. Turbanator

So I reinstalled from your latest ISP-SOGO.sh w/update 7 (super job by the way) on a multiserver setup
    server 1: lenny 64: web, dns, mysql
    server 2: squeeze 64: mail (courier)

Problem: I can't send emails outside the server/domain.
    I get the error:
    Warning
    Cannot send message: all recipients are invalid.

I know you had notes on multiserver and I thought I did the correct steps, but maybe not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is step 1, then I'll move Sogo fully to Squeeze with samba 4 and get openchange working.

3. psykosen

psykosen New Member

i can't say what the problem is, but it might be a sql lookup error,
    it sounds like a problem with sogo so your best bet is to search the sogo support/faq on the error there is a few others that had that error

if it's a problem with the auto generated config file for sogo let me now, else i can't be of much help.

4. Turbanator

I think I got it.

.GNUstepDefaults was missing

<key>SOGoSMTPAuthenticationType</key>
    <string>PLAIN</string>

5. sjswarts

sjswarts New Member

Would it be correct in assuming that you have successfully setup ISPConfig 3 multi-server with SOGo implemented alongside?

If so is that the full setup? Meaning that it has Openchange, Samba4, etc? Or is the cut down version supplying only the Web interface, which in turn is similar to the Roundcube setup?

6. Turbanator

Currently only the web interface.

I won't be able to attempt a full openchange/samba4 setup which will include moving the web interface to another server for a few weeks.

7. Turbanator

Update on sogo in multiserver setup.
    server1 = ispc, web, dns, mysql
    server2 = mail, web, sogo, mysql

Since ispc and users are on server1, in order to get sogo to work on server2, I had to create the sogodb and the views on server1 so that they could grab the ispc users info into the view. Then on server2, instead of creating views, I created a FEDERATED table on the server1_view. This way sogo would look at the table (thinking it was the view), which would actually talk to server1_view which would grab ispc users info.

I don't know if this is the best way, but it's better than duplicating all ispc data on both servers.

I'm still testing any drawbacks and glitches before I attempt openchange.

8. forgefan

forgefan New Member

hi turbanator,
    have you had further progress with this?
    thanks.

9. Turbanator

I have it working as I showed in the previous email. I installed funambol but decided not to go that route with openchange due to complaints of glitches. Instead I went with straight sogo connector for my TB users and webdav collaborator by Bynari bynari.net for Outlook users. It's not the best setup, but it works for me since I don't have may outlook users. Other than me not using it to the fullest, Sogo webmail is awesome and blows roundcube away.

I would love some insight from someone who is using funambol and openchange with this though.

10. Konflikted

Konflikted New Member

Just wanted to ask you did you create just the Views that are created for each mail domain or did you create a view based on each table in the sogodb?

11. Turbanator

Only on the mail domains themselves.

Just remember the trick is that server 1 has the Views, whereas Server 2 (mail server) has Federated tables on the Views...like a view of a View.

12. Konflikted

Konflikted New Member

Thanks

Works almost perfectly. Had to do some googling because I am an SQL Novice but I got it working pretty well. I can't think of any way that this could be improved on at least for multi-server environment.

Oh and I went through the Openchange/Samba/Blah Blah Blah SOGo configuration and it isn't worth the trouble. When they promised Native Outlook I assumed that they were referring to a full MAPI type setup but not the case and after going through the setup I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't seem fit for a host-type setup its more for an enterprise environment or a soho office.

Thanks so much for the information.

Eric.

13. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

Demo

hello
    Happy New Year 2014
    Do you have a demo that shows how ispc 3 and OpenChange?
    Login to with Outlook?
    thank you
    cordially
    Mz

14. Turbanator

I believe there is a youtube demo on the sogo.nu website. I never got openchange working and didn't really need it.

15. rwheindl

rwheindl Member

Not sure if this is a dead thread, but I found this and I'm currently attempting to integrate SoGo with ISPConfig. Seems like it will work, but I'm not finished configuring it yet. We'll see.
    https://github.com/cmjnisse/sogo-ispconfig

16. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

17. schickel

schickel New Member

It's really an old post, but I've SOGo 3.2.1 with ISPConfig 3.1 and managesieve running on my server.
    First setup managesieve:
    https://gooroo.io/GoorooTHINK/Artic...ebian-8-Apache-BIND-Dovecot-ISPConfig-3/23876

And after that install SOGo:
    Code:
    install SOGo:
    /etc/apt/sources.list:
    deb http://inverse.ca/debian-nightly-v3 jessie jessie
    sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 0x810273C4
    apt-get update
    apt-get install sogo

Enable modules in Apache:
    a2enmod proxy
    a2enmod proxy_http
    a2enmod headers
    a2enmod rewrite

Restart Apache:
    service apache2 restart

MySQL:
    CREATE DATABASE sogo CHARSET='UTF8';
    CREATE USER 'sogo'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'sogo';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON sogo.* TO 'sogo'@'localhost';
    USE sogo;
    CREATE VIEW sogo_view (c_uid, c_name, c_password, c_cn, mail) AS SELECT email, email, password, name, email FROM dbispconfig.mail_user;
    flush privileges;
    exit

su - -s /bin/bash sogo
    defaults write sogod SOGoTimeZone "Europe/Berlin"
    defaults write sogod SOGoMailDomain "YOURDOMAIN"
    defaults write sogod SOGoLanguage "German"
    defaults write sogod SOGoUserSources '({canAuthenticate = YES; displayName = "SOGo Users"; id = users; isAddressBook = YES; type = sql; userPasswordAlgorithm = crypt; viewURL ="mysql://sogo:[email protected]:3306/sogo/sogo_view";})'
    defaults write sogod SOGoProfileURL 'mysql://sogo:[email protected]:3306/sogo/sogo_user_profile'
    defaults write sogod OCSFolderInfoURL 'mysql://sogo:[email protected]:3306/sogo/sogo_folder_info'
    defaults write sogod OCSSessionsFolderURL 'mysql://sogo:[email protected]:3306/sogo/sogo_sessions_folder'
    defaults write sogod OCSEMailAlarmsFolderURL 'mysql://sogo:[email protected]:3306/sogo//sogo_alarms_folder'
    defaults write sogod SOGoEnableEMailAlarms YES
    defaults write sogod SOGoForwardEnabled YES;
    defaults write sogod SOGoAppointmentSendEMailNotifications YES
    defaults write sogod SOGoLoginModule Mail
    defaults write sogod SOGoSieveScriptsEnabled YES
    defaults write sogod SOGoSieveServer sieve://localhost:4190
    defaults write sogod SOGoVacationEnabled YES
    defaults write sogod NGImap4ConnectionStringSeparator "."
    defaults write sogod SOGoMailMessageCheck every_5_minutes
    defaults write sogod SOGoFirstDayOfWeek 1
    defaults write sogod SOGoDraftsFolderName Drafts
    defaults write sogod SOGoSentFolderName Sent
    defaults write sogod SOGoTrashFolderName Trash
    defaults write sogod SOGoForceExternalLoginWithEmail YES
    exit

systemctl enable sogo
    service sogo restart
    That's all. For me it's working on live server and on 2 testservers.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    somnium likes this.
  18. Ludowan

Ludowan New Member

Hello,
    Very old post now...
    Just to confirm that I too managed to install fantastic SOGo server v.4 (the last) on a Debian 9 Stretch cluster ISPConfig 3 installation.
    Procedure described in previous post is still accurate.
    I'll describe it in my next post since it is my first post on this forum.
    Ludo

19. Ludowan

Ludowan New Member

Now that I've made 2 posts (I was not allowed to write links in my posts before), I can describe how to make SOGo 4 works along with ISPConfig 3.
    In the above post (https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/ispconfig3-sogo.51162/page-4#post-351738), just replace :
    Code:
    deb http://inverse.ca/debian-nightly-v3 jessie jessie
    By :
    Code:
    deb https://packages.inverse.ca/SOGo/nightly/4/debian/ stretch stretch
    In a cluster configuration, also install SOGo on the slave server if you want it to provide SOGo services in case of failure of the master server.
    You don't have to repeat the MySQL part on the slave server thanks to MySQL replication.
    Rather than use the "defaults write" command, you can edit the file /etc/sogo/sogo.conf to define your configuration.
    Don't forget to run "service sogo restart" after every modifications made to this file.
    After SOGo installation, don't forget to configure Apache (on both servers if in a cluster) so it will be able to serve SOGo :
    • Copy the file /etc/apache2/conf.d/SOGo.conf to /etc/apache2/conf-available/SOGo.conf
    • Create a symlink to /etc/apache2/conf-available/SOGo.conf in /etc/apache2/conf-enabled directory
    • Run service apache2 restart and try to access SOGo panel via https://your.server.com/SOGo
    Some usefull links :
    SOGo official documentation :
    How to forge tuto : https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/how-to-install-sogo-on-debian-8/

20. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I looked up Sogo since I'm not familiar with it and confused about the licensing. It says it open source but you can only download production build if you have a support contract or get nightly build for open source. How hard is it to automate nightly build downloads and incorporate into Sogo?

Thanks