ispconfigdb table remote_session error

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by khayjake, Apr 4, 2009.

1. khayjake

khayjake Member

Hello,

This is my first post on the forums so I hope it's in the right place. First off I'd like to state that I greatly support the ISPConfig project..

I guess I'll get to the point.

When I create a new site within ISPConfig, it creates the web, and displays everything okay in ispconfig however, when I try to access the webpage it sends me to the sharedip index instead of the web's index.

I have 25 domains on this ispconfig server, and all of them work fine except for the last 3 i added.

This started occuring after I tried to upgrade the remoting framework. I had ispconfig 2.2.30 and the remoting framework 4.2 and it worked perfectly.

I was using 4.2.1 of the remoting framework with ispconfig 2.2.29 so i figured i'd check for a new version of the remoting framework and get the latest installed.

The error it gave me during the remoting install is as follows:

The SQL staement: 'CREATE TABLE remote_session ( sid varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', ruserid int(11) NOT NULL default '0', data text NOT NULL, tstamp int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', KEY rsid (sid) ) TYPE=MyISAM' has this error: Table 'remote_session' already exists

Could I have done damage by accidentally deleting the table 'remote_session' or 'remote_user' tables within ispconfig?..or overwriting?

..another thing, usually when i upgrade ispconfig i have to remove and reinstall the remoting framework because my remote user doesnt show up...this time i deleted the remoting user before removing the remoting framework and reinstalling after ispconfig upgrade.....i dont know if that makes any difference or not...

The last 3 sites/webs I added in ISPConfig that are not being redirected to /var/www/web#, I've noticed are not written in /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf

However everything is created correctly in /var/www/web110 or whatever web#.

I had the following before the problem:

ISPConfig 2.2.29 working with Remoting Framework 4.2.1
    ISPConfig 2.2.30 working with Remoting Framework 4.2

When I was searching for the newest Remoting Framework I think I came across version 5 via google which may have caused the problem....however i was also unsuccessful when i tried to install 4.2.1 on 2.2.30 and got the same sql error:

The SQL staement: 'CREATE TABLE remote_session ( sid varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', ruserid int(11) NOT NULL default '0', data text NOT NULL, tstamp int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', KEY rsid (sid) ) TYPE=MyISAM' has this error: Table 'remote_session' already exists

I'll attach all 3 files to this post.

If everything works except for the new sites being added to the vhost file it has to be a fixable problem right? I certainly hope so. I believe my cousin, who is active in these forums is also having the same problem.

I'm afraid to upgrade to 2.2.31 until this problem is resolved. Hopefully sooner than later :).

Thanks for your help guys,

The 3 files are attached.

Khayjake

Attached Files:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please make sure that you accessed the site by domain name and not IP address and that the Domain name points to the same IP that you selected for this website in the website settings. If you are really sure that this is set correctly then take a look inside the Vhosts_ispconfig.conf if the vhost is added there and that it has the correct settings (IP and domain).

3. khayjake

khayjake Member

vhost file changed during upgrade

Yeah well the vhost file was blank after upgrade on my cousin kextra1's machine I remember.

it was the 2.2.29 to 2.2.30 upgrade that wrote a blank vhost file. I copied a backup copy of the vhosts file over to the regular vhosts file and it worked fine. Just had to add a few of the newer domains back or remove some of the old ones i forget...

I had a similar problem during my upgrade, so i wanted to let everyone know as a precaution...incase they ran into the same issue...actually im still running 2.2.30 right now, it's running smoothly. I want to clone my system tonight for backup purposes...actually i'd like to learn how to compress the entire system to a single file.

That'd be convenient