Issue starting Apache2

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Dave B, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Dave B

Dave B Member

Updated Error log entries for the correct time

Code:
    [Thu Jan 28 18:10:31.514060 2021] [autoindex:error] [pid 6532] [client 64.187.65.178:4044] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/acme/.well-known/acme-challenge/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html,index.cgi,index.pl,index.php,index.xhtml,index.htm) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive
    [Thu Jan 28 18:15:41.022175 2021] [php7:error] [pid 6532] [client 92.5.249.88:51498] script '/var/www/html/index.php' not found or unable to stat
    [Thu Jan 28 20:22:18.463696 2021] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 38908] AH00171: Graceful restart requested, doing restart

[ 2021-01-28 20:22:18.6019 42877/7fb958983700 age/Cor/CoreMain.cpp:532 ]: Signal received. Gracefully shutting down... (send signal 2 more time(s) to force shutdown)
    [ 2021-01-28 20:22:18.6020 42877/7fb9592bc980 age/Cor/CoreMain.cpp:901 ]: Received command to shutdown gracefully. Waiting until all clients have disconnected...

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Those are the requests, showing error 403; what do you find in the error.log at that time?

[edit]: sorry, I hadn't seen your second post yet, disregard this....

Dave B likes this.
  3. Dave B

Dave B Member

Yeah sorry I realized i originally provided 8:22 AM rather than PM

4. Jesse Norell

Nothing for the letsencrypt requesting addresses, though? You are sure you edited /usr/local/ispconfig/server/scripts/update_runner.sh to disable the umask? Maybe instead of disabling, just change it from 0077 to 0022.

5. Dave B

Dave B Member

I have redone that using the first step of changing to "true umask 0077" and doing the reconfig and then changing to umask 0022 and reconfig but still getting the same SSL error on both attempts.
    On the plus side there is no more certificate errors showing.
    Code:
    Create new ISPConfig SSL certificate (yes,no) [no]: yes

Checking / creating certificate for server1.dutyhosts.net
    Using certificate path /root/.acme.sh/server1.dutyhosts.net
    Using apache for certificate validation
    Symlink ISPConfig SSL certs to Postfix? (y,n) [y]:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  6. Jesse Norell

Sounds like the certificate did issue, then - what do you have for ispconfig certificate files in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl?

7. Dave B

Dave B Member

Morning Jesse,
    Below is what i have in that folder
    upload_2021-1-29_8-44-17.png

8. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

ispcserver.csr and ispserver.key have different dates. Maybe they are not a pair? same with ispserver.key.secure and ispserver.pem.

9. Dave B

Dave B Member

If i deleted all the files in that folder and re-ran the force update script would that generate new files?

10. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes.

11. Dave B

Dave B Member

Thanks Th0m,
    I deleted all the files and re-ran the force update and the files have been regenerated.
    But unfortunately still unable to access ISPConfig via the web address or IP and still getting the SSL protocol error.

upload_2021-1-29_14-34-41.png

12. Th0m

Have you made any other changes to your Apache config?

13. Dave B

Dave B Member

Hi Th0m,
    The only changes made recently was an update to the PHP version - Which was rolled back after it was said ISPConfig isn't yet running on the updated version.
    It seems everything else loads and works fine apart from ISPConfig.

14. Dave B

Dave B Member

If there are no more suggestions on how we can resolve this then I'm happy to start from scratch and rebuild the server and go through the perfect install again.

15. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

This time do not
    Use the PHP that comes with the operating system as default.

Dave B likes this.
  16. Dave B

Dave B Member

Yeah, not doing that will stick to default.
    Thanks for all your help guys!

17. Th0m

You could do that, though I still thinking we are overlooking something simple. Another option would be to hire someone to fix this.

You might want to use the autoinstaller: https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig-autoinstaller

Just make sure the DNS records are correct and your hostname is set before starting the install.

Dave B likes this.