Jailkit: copy over ca-certificates

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Hbod, Mar 21, 2017.

1. elmacus

elmacus Active Member

I ran it like i understand you meant, like cron would run it (except -v):
    Code:
    jk_updater_ispc -v
    No jail or root.

2. elmacus

elmacus Active Member

How to remove an old jail with all user files created by jailkit in user home.
    There is no "jk_uninstall".
    Delete the SSH jailuser and manually remove all files (except /web /log /ssl /tmp /private etc) in clients web ?
    Only safe way i can think of is to remove website in ISPconfig. And then reinstall website, but takes alot of time.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

A user is jailed by changing the shell in /etc/passwd. So if the /usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh is changed back to /bin/bash the user is no longer jailed. This is not very clean, however, all the jail setup still exists.

4. elmacus

elmacus Active Member

Thanks, the question was (maybee unclear, will update), how do i remove all user files created by jailkit?

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yep, that's pretty much it, jailkit does not track what it installs. FWIW, a website's root recently created here includes these directories; you can remove everything else(*) if you want to completely get rid of jailkit remnants:
    Code:
    # ls -F /var/www/domain.com
    cgi-bin/  log/  private/  ssl/  tmp/  web/  webdav/

And you probably don't need to keep cgi-bin or webdav unless you use them.

(*) This is a single website, with no alias vhosts or subdomain vhosts - if you have those, be sure you don't remove the web root directories for them. Should be pretty obvious, but noted for others referencing this thread in the future; as always, think before acting...

elmacus likes this.