Jailkit installed tool generates built-in config error.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Richard Foley, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Richard Foley

Richard Foley Member

hallo, I am trying to enable tig for jailkitted clients. The jk_cp works fine, (and the jk_updater from Jesse too). However, when I run tig itself, (as the jailkitted client), I see the following error:
    Code:
    tig warning: <built-in>:230: Unknown option command: branch.current=main-head
    tig warning: <built-in>:231: Unknown option command: branch.local=main-ref
    <...multiple similar errors snipped...>
    tig warning: <built-in>:254: Unknown option command: status.untracked=stat-untracked
    tig: Failed to load user config.: Error in built-in config

Not sure how to fix this, does anyone have any helpful suggestions?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The jailkit tool analyses a binary to find its dependencies and then it copies that binary and dependencies, but this will match only .so file dependencies (system libraries). It might be that your tool requires other files as well or that it is missing its config now. A good starting point to find out which files might be missing is to check out which files are contained in the Linux package file which installs this tool, such a file list can be found on the package servers of the Linux distributions. For Debian (and Ubuntu as a Debian derivative) you can e.g. have a look here: https://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

Richard Foley likes this.
  3. Richard Foley

Richard Foley Member

thanks for the tip, Till, I'll ferret around some more...

4. Richard Foley

Richard Foley Member

5. Richard Foley

Richard Foley Member

Works for me now. If anyone else lands here and wants to know what fixed this, it was copying (as Till alluded to above), the config from the main system /etc/ into the jailkit /etc/.
    Code:
    cp /etc/tigrc /var/www/clients/clientn/webn/etc/