Join to multiserver environment with existing ispconfig3 system

Discussion in 'General' started by defty, Mar 31, 2023.

1. defty

defty New Member

hey folks,

I would like to join my existing ispconfig3 email server to my new multiserver environment without reinstall, but I can not figure out how to do, and can not find any topic about this.

Any help are appreciated

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

An existing system can not join a multiserver setup. The only way to achieve this is:

1) Install a new empty server connected to the multiserver system.
    2) Import the old standalone server into the new server using the migration tool.

3. defty

defty New Member

Thanks! :)
    Never migrated server with ispconfig migration tool, does it copy everything? (mailboxes, databases etc.)

4. till

ahrasis likes this.
  5. decta

decta New Member

So this also means there is no way to have a secondary MX that you can add to an existing non multi server setup?

6. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

No.
    An existing system can not be added. Installing a new host with email applications (following the ISPConfig multiserver instructions) can be added to an ISPConfig system, and that system can be single server setup. The add makes it a multi server setup, though.
    An existing system is host or set of hosts where services are configured and data already stored. Adding that will not work as it would destroy or mess up the existing data.

7. till

You can add new servers at any time to an existing multiserver setup. But that's a totally different topic and not related to the original question as far as I can see.