Keep copy of forwarded mail

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Davide, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Davide

Davide Member

I have seen this bug in bugtrack:
    FS#891 - Email Forward check box to Leave a copy.

It's solved as implemented, but I cannot find a "keep copy" checkbox nowhere.

Am I missing something?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you want to keep a copy, you create a mailbox and use the send copy to function to forward the email. a copy of this email is kept automatically in the mailbox.

If you dont want to keep a copy, you use the email alias function instead of a mailbox.

3. Davide

Davide Member

What if I need to forward to more than an address and keep copy?

I can only put a single address on "send copy to" field. I have tried to put more than one addresses separated with colon, semicolon, space, with no success.

Is it possible to forward to more than one address keeping a copy?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  4. till

5. Davide

Davide Member

Problem with that procedure is that clients/resellers cannot set "custom rules", because that tab is not shown when logged as client/reseller.

Shouldn't it be possible to add more than one address in "send copy to" field?

6. till

As I explained above, normally the email alias function is used for that. The email alias function is accessioble for clients. The send copy to function is only there to send copys of emails in case of a vacation, its not meant as a replacement for normal multi aliases.