Kerio Mail server on a different machine

Discussion in 'General' started by nav, Apr 23, 2012.

1. nav

nav New Member

Hi,

I've been fighting with this issue for a while now, and could use some help please.

I have a ispconfig 2 system running on our main web machine. Hosting our local B2B sites. I have another machine running our mail server, using Kerio Mailserver. All the emails are working fine. I have all the mail ports directed to the kerio machine through the router. I cant get the web mail to work properly. When someone types "mail.domainname.ca" into their browser, i need it directed to the kerio machine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Does the DNS record for mail.domainname.ca point to the correct machine?

3. nav

nav New Member

Kerio

Yes it does.

Internally it works fine. The problem is when connecting from outside. It takes me to the "sharedip" page.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

The problem is that a router can forward a port to just one internal system. So you can forward port 80 to just one server, that's why http requests for mail.domainname.ca go to the wrong server.

5. nav

nav New Member

Actually the webserver is the machine on DMZ zone. All traffic is going to the dmz machine. In the router, the port 25, 143, 993, etc, are all going to the Email server. I just though there would be a way to send all the requests for mail.domainname.ca to email server (for webmail). In the past i have setup kerio mail server's webmail to port 85, and routed port 85 to email server through the router. Since i had freshly installed both email and webserver on more updated machines, i was hoping to do it properly.