LDAP and ISPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by yurtboy1, Dec 1, 2007.

1. yurtboy1

yurtboy1 New Member

If I setup LDAP on my server is there any way to integrate it into ispconfig?
    So that make users once?
    Or other options that I am not considering?
    Either way I think LDAP is key for integrating products ie Drupal, Knoledgetree etc and would like to make it fit in as well as I can with ISPConfig?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not integrate ldap into ispconfig without changing a lot of sourcecode.

LDAP is sold as the solution for integrationg products but it is horrible to setup.

3. yurtboy1

yurtboy1 New Member

It seems to pull a lot of things together.

horde
    civicrm
    thunderbird
    dotproject
    drupal

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I know several others as well. But this does not make ldap any better to setup or handle and the ISPConfig setup is a bit more complicated then these applications as they do have to care just for their own setup and do not have to configure many third party applications. You may integrate LDAP in ISPConfig if you like it but I dont have the time to do this.

5. yurtboy1

yurtboy1 New Member

Understood.

Seems they can work together without true integration.

6. TrioTorus

TrioTorus New Member

So, how did you make them to work together? Did you have to write a script for syncing between ispconfig and openldap?

7. yurtboy1

yurtboy1 New Member

Sorry I meant could work ?

Really have not had time yet, but I think LDAP is on my list of things to do for 2008. Can work nice with CiviCRM

8. TrioTorus

TrioTorus New Member

Thanks for that tip. I'll look into it, because civicrm's homepage seems down at the moment. Any other open source control panels that offer OpenLDAP integration?

9. yurtboy1

yurtboy1 New Member

have not looked much yet so no

but webmin always has options.