LDAP and SAMBA

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by Impulse0022, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Impulse0022

Impulse0022 New Member

First of all I love howtoforge!

Reading your current Samba tutorials, it mentions that a LDAP + SAMBA tutorial is coming soon. I was wondering how soon, "soon" is. This is something that I've been trying to do for quite awhile. Thanks!

-Matt

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I will finish the LDAP part of the howto if I get a bit spare time :)

3. MegaX

MegaX New Member

Funny: "LDAP + SAMBA"

Almost a year later and still no howto :D

Im trying this for almost 2 weeks now:confused: , i already did a couple of reinstalls :)

if it works i will post the step i took ;)

i already took some notes...

i dunno if someone will use it, but anyway...

bye!

4. steve1084

steve1084 New Member

Mandriva Director Server

Hi Falko
    Hi Till

Ive just been having a go at the Mandriva Director Server install but It seems that they expect people to have a full Linux degree before embarking on an install of there management console. Its the lack of information thats coursing problems as they seem to expect people to know or have pre-configured a whole bunch of stuff but they don't tell you at the beginning do they.

It seem that they expect people to have already pre setup and configured LDAP and Samba so this would allow you to have a LDAP and Samba install howto with a nice gui managment interface at the end

You guy's know how to write a decent start to finish install process, something the Guy's at mandriva are not yet ready to embrace. ie writing Howto's for the masses.

So here is My Christmas wish list:

A complete start to end how to for the mandriva directory server on Debian Etch. http://mds.mandriva.org

They also show that it can be installed on fedora, centos and mandriva.

Maybe even some tips at the end about how to make it compatible with ispconfig.

Anyway Thanks for everything you guys and the rest of your team do, its really appreciated.

Steve:)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer