Let's Encrypt SSL Generation Issue

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Jasgriff, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Jasgriff

Jasgriff New Member

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to the latest version of ISPConfig 3 and I am loving it so far.
    I do need some help with one of my sites though. I have generated SSL Certificates for nearly all sites now but I am having an issue with one of them.

After trying to create the certificate multiple times I realized that the domain name in ISPConfig had been incorrectly entered (it was missing a character). This mean the the certificates were no being produced as the website could not be verified. I then changed the domain name and tried again multiple times but it didn't work.

I have looked at the logs for the SSL process and its failing because it is still trying to create a certificate for the incorrect domain name even though I have changed it in ISPConfig. I considered removing the site and then uploading it again but there are many services already relying on this site so I hoped there would be a way of correcting this without re uploading and configuring cron jobs etc.

2. Jasgriff

Jasgriff New Member

I fixed the issue buy finding the domain name in the ispconfig database and changing the ssl domain name. Lets Encrypt then generated a certificate perfectly.

Might be worth feeding this back as a bug?

3. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

what did you change?

4. Jasgriff

Jasgriff New Member

I manually changed the domain name in the SSL domain field in the ispconfig database.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please make a bugreport so we can check that.

6. Jasgriff

Jasgriff New Member