Letsencrypt works only on one Website

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by manuuu777, Nov 5, 2016.

1. manuuu777

manuuu777 New Member

Hello,
    I've been running ISPconfig successfully for a couple of days with Debian 8 to play around and test some stuff.
    Today I updated to 3.1.1p1 and see a rather weird behavior with Letsencrypt. Once I enable Letsencrypt on one website it works as it's intended to. As soon as I enable it on a second website, the first website throws an error 500, and the second website works well.
    So I disable Letsencrypt and SSL on website one and enable it again, just to see that website one is now working with SSL, and website two throws an error 500.
    I am confused to say the least. I don't get any info in the apache error and access logs for the website that is not working. I also cannot find anything suspicious in the fail2ban or letsencrypt logs.
    Could anybody help me out here and point me into the right direction?
    Many thanks!

2. manuuu777

manuuu777 New Member

I was able to avoid the problem by changing php from PHP-FPM to Fast-CGI but that doesn't really make me happy since I don't know the root cause of the problem

At least I found something in the error log.

[Sat Nov 05 08:43:30.472005 2016] [:error] [pid 23792] [client myclientip:25491] FastCGI: server "/var/www/clients/client23/web27/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-443-www.publicurl.com" stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning: require(/../vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client23/web27/home/c23/typo3_src-7.6.12/index.php on line 32
    [Sat Nov 05 08:43:30.472010 2016] [:error] [pid 23792] [client myclientip:25491] FastCGI: server "/var/www/clients/client23/web27/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-443-www.publicurl.com" stderr: PHP message: PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/../vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/clients/client23/web27/home/c23/typo3_src-7.6.12/index.php on line 32

Any thoughts are very much appreciated. Maybe somebody could tell where I should have a look at. Thanks!

3. ghostshell

ghostshell Member

When installing LetsEncrypt did you get the yes no option to add domains or like me a screen to add domains with a cancel button?

4. manuuu777

manuuu777 New Member

I remember that option since it was different to the HowTo that I followed. There was only the cancel button which seemed a bit off since I had the feeling that the whole installation just cancelled instead of simply ignoring the domain selection.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer