Limit Templates Are Confusing

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by OpenSources, Apr 25, 2017.

1. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

I have a multi server setup.
    The way I desire to create a limit template is to allow web, db, and ns but no mail.
    I create an additional template and only want to use the mail aspect of it. However both templates are colliding. The portions I dont want to use I leave at 0 and I fill in no server. But the limit template is making the 0s limits for the quoatas not used,.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Templates are not colliding as the limits of a client are calculated as the sum of templates that are assigned to him.

3. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

Hey, Till. I took a quick video to show what's going on. I wish my uptime was as high as your accuracy concerning ISPconfig :D.
    I may just not be understanding the documentation or ISPConfig isn't able to do what I'm trying to do. I'm pretty sure it's a misunderstanding since ISPconfig is so versatile.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What the panel tells you is that there is 0MB quota left as you assigned already more quota to that database then what you allowed in the limits. That a database exists which is bigger is just caused by creating a bigger database as admin, because admins are not limited by client limits, or the client limit was bigger before and you lowered it.

You can test the system like this:

1) Create a new client, with let's say 500 mb database quota (btw, it makes no difference if you assign a value manually, by template or by using several templates).
    2) Login as that client and create a database with 250mb space. This will work fine.
    3) Now create another database as that client, you will see that aou are not able to give it a database site that exceeds the quota, so we have assigned 250mb, this means that there are 250mb left in database space so you can assign max. 250mb to this second database.