'Linux Firewall' 232 bytes per conntrack?

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by edge, Feb 20, 2006.

1. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Hmmm some strange thing going on here.

I've done the 'The Perfect Setup - Fedora Core 4' and installes 'ISPconfig' with no real problems.

Now I would like to use the 'Linux Firewall' the one accessale with Webmin, and not the firewall from ISPconfig, as I need to use some 'custom' IPTABLES.

When I dissable the ISPfirewall, and enable the 'Linux firewall' I see sometimes the following message in the main terminal popup..

As soon as I get the message on the terminal, I can not access anything anymore with the network!

Anyone here who can help fix this?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

That's the normal behaviour when iptables is activated. Nothing unusual here.

Check your firewall rules - there must be one or more rules that locks you out.

3. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Thanks again for the info. I was not sure if this was normal or not.

The server is now in a datacenter, and the only way of accessing it at the moment is it with SSH.

As I really do not want to lock myself out, I will wait till my next trip over to the datacenter and fix the firewall rules (I'm now using the ISPconfig firewall)

What I really want to do is close and open some (different) ports on the 8 IP's that I have.

Now when I scan my IP's they all show the same open/closed ports.
    To bad ISPconfig will not let you set open/closed ports per IP.

With IPtables I can do so with no problem.