/logs is ok, but /web/stats is getting out of control

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by wr19026, Dec 14, 2006.

1. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

When I look at the size of the sub-directories of one of the sites I host I see that /web/stats is a whopping 167MB, and that after only 6 days!

Is there anything I can do to get that cleaned up (= smaller) as I'm afraid it will only get worse moving forward.

I have run both /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/logs.php and /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.php without any errors. Below is the output from /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.php. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

root@server:/var/www/web3# /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.php
    420 records (420 genegeerd) in 0,05 seconden
    2 records (2 genegeerd) in 0,00 seconden
    5 records (5 genegeerd) in 0,00 seconden
    86896 records (86842 genegeerd) in 1,18 seconden, 73640/sec
    7 records (7 genegeerd) in 0,00 seconden
    6 records (6 genegeerd) in 0,00 seconden

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just webalizer stores data in the stats directory. Webalizer uses some caches, if i remember correctly. You can try to deactivate it in the file /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.conf

3. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

Hmmm..Can't find anything there. And in the meantime it's eating up quite a bit of the site's quota. Surely someone else must've run into the same problem?

If I switch webalizer statistics off, will that also prevent me from understanding the amount of traffic generated?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Usually the largest file in the stats directory is the dns_cache.db where webalizer caches reverse DNS lookups. If you don't need reverse DNS lookups, just comment out

Code:
    DNSCache        dns_cache.db
    in /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.conf.

You will still see the traffic on the Statistics tab of each web site in ISPConfig.