Lost passwords of slave servers

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by nvl-it-solutions, Oct 5, 2016.

1. nvl-it-solutions

nvl-it-solutions New Member

A time ago I setup ISPConfig with a multi server setup with about 25 servers.
    Now I'm trying to update all the servers to the latest ISPConfig but found that I did not write down all the passwords I used to connect the slave servers to the master server. Is there a way to retrieve / reset those passwords? I don't want to add them to the setup again since I will lose a lot of settings.

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You don't need to know the mysql password for each slave (though it's stored in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf if you ever do), all you need to know is the mysql root password for the master server.

3. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

If you lost the slave's mysql-root-password for the master-server, you can change the password for root@slave and root@slave-ip in mysql.user on the master.

Marcio Urakawa likes this.
  4. nvl-it-solutions

nvl-it-solutions New Member

I was looking for an option in ISPConfig to reset the password but this solution works fine for me.
    Thanks for the swift reply!

5. After I update the password on the master in this way, on the slave I change it in file or db?

6. Jesse Norell

No, the root mysql account on the master is only used by the installer, and you enter the password manually.

7. Unfortunately I had to create a new master server.
    The master is ok but I lost the connection with the slave. All tasks that are for the Slave are only in the queue and do not execute

8. Jesse Norell

Look up the "dbmaster" username and password from config.inc.php on the slave, and add that user with that password on the master. You will also need to add a "root@slave-server" (add both for the hostname and the slave's ip) with root permissions if you haven't yet. Then run the installer on the slave and answer yes to "reconfigure services on the master server".

9. Right. I did the procedures. Now I think it's working.
    It was giving error in the FTP of the Slave.
    I updated the /etc/pure-ftpd/db/mysql.conf file with the correct password and it worked again.

In this file the MYSQLServer field would be the same 127.0.0.1? ( In slave )

10. Jesse Norell

Yes, the slave server would connect to the local mysql server for authenticating FTP users.

11. Thank you, you are fantastic.

12. Code:
    mai 24 15:18:24 ispconfig mariadbd[1471355]: 2022-05-24 15:18:24 2325 [Warning] Access denied for user 'ispconfig'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Code:
    SHOW GRANTS FOR CURRENT_USER;
    +---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Grants for ispconfig@localhost                                                                                            |
    +---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO `ispconfig`@`localhost` IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx' |
    | GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `dbispconfig`.* TO `ispconfig`@`localhost`                                                        |

Sorry, another doubt.
    I updated both config.inc.php on master ispconfig.
    The password used works to log in locally (mysql -u ispconfig -p).
    But when I look at the mariadb.service service, it's always denied.

Is there another file, even if it's mysql that we usually configure?

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  13. I noticed that the database backup of the sites stopped being made. the web is ok.
    Running server.sh:
    Code:
    mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SHOW FUNCTION STATUS WHERE Db = 'sitedb'': Cannot load from mysql.proc. The table is probably corrupted (1728)
    28.05.2022-06:52 - ERROR - Failed to make backup of database sitedb, because mysqldump failed

My version of database 10.5.15-MariaDB
    ISPConfig Version: 3.2.8p1
    Debian 11

Last edited: May 28, 2022
  14. I found the problem. The ispconfig user password in the /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf file was out of date, so it was constantly showing an error.

15. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

A force update of ISPConfig should resolve such issues, make sure that you reconfigure services.