Mac4Lin ver.0.2 - Mac OS X Leopard Transformation pack

Discussion in 'Desktop Operation' started by infra_red_dude, Sep 22, 2007.

1. infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude New Member

Thank you :)

As of now there is no theme for XFCE window decorator. So the best way is to install the GTK + Emerald theme on XFCE.

2. HappySpaceInvader

HappySpaceInvader New Member

I'm having the same problem (in Hardy Heron). The icon theme installed correctly (i.e. prompted me to apply it), but the other themes just act as above.

If I go into the customise section, I can see the Mac4Lin stuff, and can apply it, but I'm unsure which colours to use in the "colours" panel. Any recommendations?

3. infra_red_dude

I'm rolling out the beta version of mac4lin for gnome 2.22 shortly. Kindly wait for a few days for the final release.

4. theumang

theumang New Member

Mac4Lin v2

Amazing Looks..

its very close to the Big cat..

great work

5. infra_red_dude

^^^ Thank you :)

6. shahbour

shahbour New Member

Mac4Lin on Fedora9

hello all,

I tired Mac4lin on fedora9 and to say the truth as if a dream comes true, really great job guys,

I couldn't do two steps, one is that window manager for login is not found , as i understood it is not found in the gnome 2.22.1 another issue by default Fedora9 comes with firefox 3.0 beta !!! and all themes didn't work on it, thats all :))

If any have any idea about windows manager or login.

also i use thunderbird so the theme was not good at all , if any got ideas

Great stuff and go forward in this project.

7. infra_red_dude

Err.. could you explain a bit more as to what do you mean when you say "window manager for login"?

Also, currently there are no safari themes for FF3.. and that is really sad. The next version of Mac4Lin will include UI for thunderbird to skin it like apple mail.

8. shahbour

shahbour New Member

F9 login window

Hello great news for the Thunderbird issue , is there a mail list or something we can follow up, rss ... so that we are updated when a release is sent to public.

As for window manager , i made i mistake i meant

System > Administration > Login Window , on F9 gnome (2.22.1) i don't have this at all and i couldn't install it , as i read in another forum that gnome removed it.

I am not sure , any other ways we can change the login window.

9. infra_red_dude

Keep checking this thread! Or you can also keep checking the News section on Mac4Lin's SF.net page (http://sourceforge.net/news/?group_id=204373)

Ok, this is something specific to Fedora. I use Ubuntu + GNOME 2.22.2 and I haf the Login Window entry.

This is what I found after I searched about it on the net: http://dnmouse.webs.com/autologin.html

Follow the Second method to install gdmsetup in Fedora 9 and get back the Login Window. Be careful with what you do as any wrong step could mess with your system. If you are not sure about what you are doing then back out!

10. shahbour

shahbour New Member

Hello,

It worked perfect , but i want to give u a hint that i activated my fingerprint , so the label for password says Password or swipe finger , so it is trimmed out in this view.

Thanks for the update.

11. infra_red_dude

Oh.. lemme see. To accommodate the complete text I need to make the login window quite large.

12. beeneboy

beeneboy New Member

ubuntu tweak

Not to change the subject but. have you all tryed ubuntu tweak it may be a little help with your mishaps in ubuntu even if it no help it is nice to have i moved to ubuntu 8.04 and avent window navigator will not work right for it so im trying to find a cool doc if you all might no of one
    thanks people

13. infra_red_dude

14. infra_red_dude

Mac4Lin is back!

This is the version 1.0 Release Candidate. Some components are still under development. Currently the shell script is not able to set the GDM theme, cursor theme, sounds, emerald theme. They need to be manually set.

Also components like Firefox3, Thunderbird theme, awn theme/plugins etc. are still under development. The Mozilla themes may not be stable. Hence use the non-core components of Mac4Lin at your own risk. Documentation is still in the pipeline. I decided to release the RC anyway so that patrons can start using it and update to the stable version when development is complete.

Whats new: Mac4Lin v1.0 RC - 9th September, 2008

New! Automated Installer in the form of a shell script
    New GDM theme
    Supports the newest version of GNOME and Xfce
    New Mozilla themes specifically built for Mac4Lin
    Adium style AWN status icons for Pidgin
    Mac style scrollbars, menus
    Other tweaks in GTK theme
    Adium sounds for Pidgin
    New usplash

Keeping up the tradition I'm including the download stats. SF.net alone has served about 10.4TB as on today! I'm also happy to announce that Mac4Lin was one of the winners of FOSS Awards 2008.

Instructions:

Download the Mac4Lin_v1.0_RC.tar.gz archive to any folder. Extract the archive and run Mac4Lin_Install_v1.0_RC.sh file.

For any suggestions/comments/complaints/feedback/bug tracking please drop by my blog or send a mail:

My Blog: http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com/
    My E-Mail id: infra_red_dude<A.T>users<D.O.T>sourceforge<D.O.T>net
    Project Website: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mac4lin

15. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

@infra_red_dude
    My compliments for your project!

16. infra_red_dude

^^^ Thanks Hans :)

Currently am working on 1.0 final which include quite some changes and Mozilla apps compatibility. I will soon post here whenever its released :)

17. infra_red_dude

I'm happy to inform you all that Mac4Lin now uses the SVN version control system. The latest version Mac4Lin v1.0 RC2 is available there. Users may checkout to download the bleeding edge version.

The required info is provided here:

Subversion Server: https://mac4lin.svn.sourceforge.net

Path to Repository: /svnroot/mac4lin

Access instructions:

To access a Subversion repository, configure your Subversion client as follows:

* Hostname: mac4lin.svn.sourceforge.net
    * Port: 443
    * Protocol: HTTPS
    * Repository Path: /svnroot/mac4lin

For clients that use a URL string:

https://mac4lin.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mac4lin

Mac4Lin v1.0RC2 has not been released and hence is not available on the Downloads page. It can only be obtained through SVN. Comments, suggestions, complaints are welcome as always

18. infra_red_dude

19. infra_red_dude

Mac4Lin SVN was down for sometime. Its up again now. I've restructured the whole package and updated some files. Kindly sync your copy again :)

20. infra_red_dude

Do you use Mac4Lin? Do you like the Project? You can show your appreciation for the project by nominating it for the Sourceforge.net Community Awards 2009. Just click the nominate link below. Select an appropriate category (e.g Best Visual Design etc.), leave any comments if you wish and Submit the nomination.

[​IMG]

Just takes one click ! :)

I thank everybody for their continued appreciation and suggestions. Your feedback is very important for the project development.