mail amavis (!!)TROUBLE in process_request: connect_to_sql: unable to connect to any dataset

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Bond, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Bond

Bond New Member

Hello everyone.
    I am having an issue with postfix suddenly not sending mail.
    I have 20+ users experiencing issues sending mail and I am not sure of the fix.

- Everything was going very well for 6+ months.

It appears the busier the server the more I am seeing the following error:
    Jul 27 14:17:04 mail amavis[6920]: (06920-01) (!!)TROUBLE in process_request: connect_to_sql: unable to connect to any dataset at (eval 110) line 253.

I have searched the forums and I found some other similar posts but I was unable to find a solution.

- This error is intermittent.
    - Users try again a few minutes later and the email sends successfully (if lucky).

This is becoming a strain on our IT department as the error is coming up more and more each day by our teams.

For our automated processes this is causing issues as we can't try again a few moments later and I am not sure what emails are not being sent.

Thanks,

- Bond

2. Steini86

Steini86 Active Member

Seems like your database server is busy. Try restarting mysql. Does the server have enough resources? Anything in mysql logs? Could also be wrong username/password in amavis configuration.

You did a google search on the error message and have not found anything. Now, the only information you give us is the error message so that we search google and find something else?
    Need more information: https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/please-read-before-posting.58408/