Mail being marked as spam

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by jon, Jan 14, 2015.

1. jon

jon Member

I have a customer that is sending mail that is being marked as spam. It seems to mostly be marked as spam when they are sending to their own domain or another customer that is hosted on the same server.

I had shut off spam scanning for both customers, however messages are still being blocked and quarantined.

What are my options? I wouldn't mind if I had to shut off spam and virus scanning totally, I have a commercial solution that does that.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please take a look at the headers of the mail, the reason why the mail is marked as spam is mentioned there.

3. jon

jon Member

I have but I'd like to either change the block score or turn it off completely for that customer.

4. till

I cant really help you when you dont post them.

You can change the block score in the spamfilter policy, see spam tag 2 level and spam kill level. Then select this policy for the custmer.

5. till

6. jon

jon Member

I think that will help at least for now. I'll find the headers and post them too. Where do I find the levels to change them?

7. till

In the ISPConfig mail mdule, samfilter policys.

8. jon

jon Member

X-Spam-Status: Yes, score=8.03 tag=3 tag2=6.9 kill=6.9
    tests=[DOS_OUTLOOK_TO_MX=2.845, FSL_HELO_NON_FQDN_1=0.001,
    HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, RCVD_IN_BRBL_LASTEXT=1.449,
    RCVD_IN_SORBS_WEB=0.77, RDNS_NONE=0.793, SPF_SOFTFAIL=0.665,
    SUBJ_ALL_CAPS=1.506] autolearn=no

9. till

The spf record for the domain seems to be wrong (the mail server that your customers used to send the mail is not allowed according to spf), then your customer used a subject which is completely capitalized, thats uncommon for normal mail but common for spam, the mail server is listed in the Realtime blacklist RCVD_IN_BRBL_LASTEXT, and in SORBS

For the DOS_OUTLOOK_TO_MX test: add all your server IP's that are ttrused in the setting "trusted_networks" in /etc/spamassassin/local.cf and restart amavisd afterwards.

https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html

jon likes this.
  10. jon

jon Member

That gives me everything I need, thanks so much!