Mail domain

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Steffan, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Steffan

Steffan Member

Hello,

i had a client that had no clue what he was doing and he added gmail.com to the email domain of his account.
    So all emails from the server to gmail ware handled localy and bounced back.
    Is there a way to exclude this from happening. some kind of blacklist or someting?

Steffan

2. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

you can enabled the domain-module and did nod add gmail.com to the available domains.

3. Steffan

Steffan Member

If i do that than i have to add every domain that is availble (or am i wrong)
    So resellers that register a domain cant add them till it is add to the domeintable.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Correct. Without that option, a reseller or client would be able to add domains that he don't own like gmail or yahoo or a domain from anyone else.

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Note that the reseller can add domains to the domain table (probably depending on what you put for 'Domainmodule Limit' in their Limits), so a reseller doesn't have to contact you (the admin) to get a domain setup for one of their customers. The domain does have to be added to the domain table before a customer can use it, though.