Mail filtering

Discussion in 'General' started by RicochetPeter, Apr 21, 2006.

1. RicochetPeter

RicochetPeter Member

Hi,

a more general question: how can I offer users server side mail filtering with the postfix/courier/ISPConfig setup?

Before I went to this config, I used exim/cyrus and with the "workaround" with using squirrelmail you were able to create sieve filters with cyrus.

Now, I know that procmail is used in the ISPConfig setup, but still it'd be nice to get a few directions or even a howto... :) *hint hint*

2. Cirox

Cirox New Member

Hi,

i am very interesting, too. For now i solved the problem cause i create a .custom.rc in each user dir with a procmail command. But i have my problems to create a folder automaticly, when a new user is created. For example i want to have 2 folders, one for virus and one for spam. Look at:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1147&highlight=IMAP+Default+Folders

So my question is if i create a .custom.rc in user dir, i have to manipulate the procmailrc.master in /root/ispconfig/isp/conf to include the custom.rc ?

Its horrible that i have to explain the users they have to write something in .custom.rc and they have to create a new folder with Squirrelmail or Thunderbird etc. to filter the mail into :eek:

greetings cirox

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  3. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

well, I don't have ISPConfig installed but I think this is a procmail thing:

I just need to put a .procmailrc into the main "mail" folder of each user:

.procmailrc

4. RicochetPeter

RicochetPeter Member

We can't put filter rules in users' .procmailrc, because the file will be overwritten with each config change.

Hint to till and falko: Maybe use a sction for manual changes in procmailrc, just like in virtusertable? Or like Cirox stated, use an additional custom procmail rc for user defined mail filtering...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  5. RicochetPeter

RicochetPeter Member

6. Cirox

Cirox New Member

Hi,

nice one, thats what i looking for, but i think for official use a little bit unprofessionell to explain my users they have to use such a program from university to filter their mail :rolleyes:

I forget to say, if you use the .custom.rc, you had to edit the procmail.rc in user dir, too

Code:
    INCLUDERC=/var/www/webx/user/webx_xxxxx/.custom.rc

But whats with the masterrc ?

greetings cirox

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You must also change the template files in /root/ispconfig/isp/conf.

8. RicochetPeter

RicochetPeter Member

Does that mean, that I could put up a "MAKE MANUAL ENTRIES AFTRE THIS LINE" section if I added that to the procmailrc.master (just like in virtusertable.master)?

Furthermore, is this a "recommended" strategy, or is there f.e. a sleek integration for maildrop or so....?

9. oliver.blaha

oliver.blaha New Member

I have mail filtering running with Horde Ingo while using Horde IMP as webmail client. You can configure Ingo to use procmail filtering. Just configure it to save the procmail script as .ingo.rc and add the line "INCLUDERC=$HOME/.ingo.rc" at the end of your .procmailrc.master file and you're ready to go.

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, not without chenging the ISPConfig sources to recognize your manual entries.

Edit the template config files in /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/

11. RicochetPeter

RicochetPeter Member

Thanks for the hint, Oliver.

12. EvdM

EvdM New Member

It seems that these changes are lost after an upgrade to a new ISPConfig. I just upgraded from 2.2.6 to 2.2.7 and all my filtering was gone.
    Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks a lot!

Erik

13. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I guess no...