mail probs

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ludde, Oct 24, 2005.

1. ludde

ludde New Member

hi
    im kinda new with this ispconfig but have used some cps before.
    the install went smooth and all seemed to look very nice.
    Besides that all mail is getting delivered to one account.

lets say ive got a domain test.com and my hostname is server.test.com.

this is what i get when i try to send mail to test2.com test3.com

Oct 24 21:06:50 localhost postfix/qmgr[24570]: 04CF8C3A65: from=<[email protected]>, size=379, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Oct 24 21:06:50 localhost postfix/local[24670]: EB30BC3A50: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=local, delay=1, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail -f-)
    Oct 24 21:06:50 localhost postfix/qmgr[24570]: EB30BC3A50: removed
    Oct 24 21:06:50 localhost postfix/local[24609]: 04CF8C3A65: to=<admispconfig@localhost>, relay=local, delay=0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail -f-)
    Oct 24 21:06:50 localhost postfix/qmgr[24570]: 04CF8C3A65: removed

This happens if i try to send to [email protected] too.
    Could this be because i added test.com as a client in my ispconfig?

Regards
    Ludde

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please check if the domain of the users that receives all emails is the same as the domain $mydomain in /etc/postfix/main.cf. If this is the case, change $mydomain and run

Code:
    postfix reload
    on the shell.

You should never enter a domain that is used for a virtual site on the server as $mydomain in /etc/postfix/main.cf.

3. ludde

ludde New Member

i dont have any $mydomain in my main.cf? only myhostname and mydestination..how come? something i forgot?

4. falko

Ok, let me rephrase: :D

Please check if the domain of the users that receives all emails is the same as the domain in $mydomain or $myhostname in /etc/postfix/main.cf. If this is the case, change $mydomain or $myhostname and run

Code:
    postfix reload
    on the shell.

You should never enter a domain that is used for a virtual site on the server as $mydomain or $myhostname in /etc/postfix/main.cf.

5. ludde

ludde New Member

Ah, i see :p

Well, i dont have test.com as myhostname either, only server.test.com.
    This shouldnt have anything to say?
    I really dont understand why test.com gets all the mail..heh
    Hope you will help me fix this prob :rolleyes:

Regards Ludde

6. falko

Can you try and use a completely different domain than test.com in myhostname? Maybe it works then...

7. ludde

ludde New Member

if i change my hostname to ex. mail.test2.com where test2.com is one of my other domains i still get the mail thru web2_ludde account which is [email protected] i dont understand anything really. maybe this is because antivirus adm and so is set to [email protected] ?

8. ludde

ludde New Member

okey so now i think i kinda sorted it out.
    I had put catchall on the test.com so when i removed it the mail was delivered to the others. i still have catchall on test2.com and it works.
    kinda buggy i guess..but i hope things work fine now :)