Mail quota Problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by krishol, Apr 3, 2006.

1. krishol

krishol New Member

hello,
    I m a new user of ISPConfig, rite now i m facing one problem

1. I have assigned total web space of 5 MB for a website, but when i try to assign 6 MB for a mailbox, the error message "The selected diskspace exceeds site's limits." appear.
    What is that problem... plz help me ...it's urgent....

Now what i want to do is...
    I want to have seperate space for mail box (ie. outside the web space) and assign 5 MB for each mailbox.
    So to do that... what i have to do.... i need step by step solution....

Thank you in advance...

Krishol

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You cannot assign more space to a mailbox than your web has. If you want to have 6 mailboxes with 5 MB each, then you need at least 30 MB of web space.

3. krishol

krishol New Member

well,
    1. can't i have seperate space for mail box???
    2. I have a minimum hosting package of 2 MB but if my client ask for the 5 MB mail box, then what i should do..???
    3. ok if i assign 20 MB for a web and i have 4 mail box, does it (mail box and web) shares the same space.

Thank you

4. falko

5. krishol

krishol New Member

ya i already read it ... not only once, but more then 5 times but i can't understand actually what does it mean... may be my english is not too good... hahaha
    so can you please simplify that....another reason i dont have much more knowledge on unix

thank you

6. falko

I don't know how to explain it better.
    What's in your /etc/fstab?

7. krishol

krishol New Member

well i think my qu. makes u to feel like boring.
    now can you tell me "can i configure what i have told" ie. mailquota outside the webspace and each mail quota is 5 MB.
    plz it's very urgent.. now can u please tell me....can i configure in that way or not..??

Thankx in advance

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes.

Prerequesites:

1) You must use mbox and not maildir mail storage format and a pop3 / imap daemon that supports mbox.
    2) Linux sytem quota must be disabled for the /var partition or at least for /var/spool/mail

If your System fullfills the prerequesites from 1), disable the maildir checkbox in ISPConfig under management > server > settings and you will be able to set web and mailquota independantly for each user account.

Drawbacks: mbox format is not really scalabale and stable on accounts that receive many emails.

9. rafaelenrike

rafaelenrike New Member

I want to do the same as krishol wants... If I disable /var quotas, who manages the email quota for the email?. Is the Mail Quota parameter inside ISPConfig enough to limit this mailspace for the user? or do I have to modify some configuration file by hand?

Thanks

10. falko

Do you use Maildir or mbox format for your emails?

11. rafaelenrike

rafaelenrike New Member

I use mbox format for my emails.

12. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you use mbox, you can set the mailbox quota in ISPConfig. The quota is controlled by a procmail recipe. You dont have to modify any config files, just disable maildir in ISPConfig under management > server > settings.